fourteen

Harry's POV

It was hot, very hot, something that's foreign to me since I lived alone. I've never woken up feeling like this, feeling hot and bothered and slick with sweat, with a weight on my chest leaving me with the difficulty to breathe.

I pulled my eyes open, my eyelids dragging back down in protest when I tried to open them fully. A dull ache was settling through my body, head slightly pounding in time with my pulse which I could hear loudly in my ears. The patterns on the ceiling swirled together, the subtle floral decoration making my head spin lightly as I tried to figure out where I was.

This was certainly not my bedroom, and this was surely not my house, and the bed that I was currently in was definitely not my own. The sheets were coarse and rough against my legs, the pillow my head was nestled into smelling faintly of sickly perfume, the scents of flowers drifting through my nose causing me to feel more nauseas than I was already feeling.

The arm that was slung around my waist tightened around me, the feeling of another body pressed to mine bringing me back to reality. Her hand lightly trailed to my hip, before it rested there, her fingers smoothing over the skin in her sleep. I looked down hesitantly to the girl who was lying against me, trying to figure out her face or recall her name or remember anything at all that would help me decipher what had exactly happened last night.

I had no recollection of any of it, trying to sort through the visions in my head that were still blurred around the edges. I remember Louis calling me up and asking to have a drink at the club, and I remember getting there and meeting him and having a few drinks, but that's where everything went fuzzy. I obviously had too much to drink, had met some random girl, and somehow made my way back to her place. I felt sick to my stomach at the realization that I had slept with her, that I had retreated back to my old habits that had formed after my divorce.

The duvet was pooled around our feet, a thin sheet providing little warmth to our overheated bodies. I was slick with sweat, my back surely drenching the sheets below me and my skin pulsed hotly to the point where I thought I was going to faint.

The girl had her head on my chest, her platinum blonde hair fanned across her face and moving wispily whenever a breathe left her mouth. I sat up slowly, making sure to move gently so not to wake her as I removed my body from underneath her. Her arm trailed along my stomach before dropping down to the now free bed, her head lulling back and slipping onto the mattress as I successfully removed myself from situation at hand.

She hadn't seemed to notice my withdrawal, her head nuzzling into the mattress to try and get herself comfortable again, a content sigh leaving her lips. I looked over her again, her long body sprawled against the dark sheets, her skin an unnatural shade of tan and her hair contrasting brightly to the slight orangey hue of her skin. She hadn't taken her make up off, dark smudges evident around her eyes and her face shiny with sweat as she nestled it further into the sheets.

I couldn't even remember her, her face didn't ring a bell at all and I scolded myself mentally at my behaviour. It was one stupid thing for me to have a one night stand, but to not even remember meeting her or what she looked like or even her name was a new level for me that I hadn't reached before. I raked a hand through my hair, it was damp with sweat and left my fingers feeling slick and sticky as I wiped it off along my chest.

I set off to find my clothes, both sets of mine and the unknown girls strewn all over the carpet of her bedroom. I gathered my clothes and slipped on my briefs, before quietly tugging up my jeans. I reached for my jacket, shoving my wallet and phone into the pocket, my eyes wondering the room trying to spot my shirt. I groaned quietly in annoyance, getting to my knees to search under the bed, before walking around the circumference of the room to try and find it.