12. Consequences

I rolled up to the boys dormitory and numbingly knocked on the door. I closed my eyes and prayed that Joey would be answering the door. I desperately needed a comforting soul that wasn't Justin right now.

I relieved a deep exhale when I spotted Joey pulling the door open. "Hey! How was your exam?" He asked knowing that I'd been out of my mind since the early morning.

"Okay" I responded, but it came out wrong, like a cry for help.

"What's wrong?" Joey's shoulders lower, he pulls me in the door, and then wraps me in a hug. "It's okay if you failed! There's always other tests to help boost you up! One stinker isn't gonna blow your score, don't sweat it," He explained trying to comfort me.

I shake my head at the ground. "I didn't fail" I almost shriek.

Joey lifts up my chin, "Then why why are you on the verge of tears?" He pulls me in for a one-armed hug and walks me toward the den.

Half-way there, Justin steps out of his room. His eyes instantly fall on me and his face is smothered in concern. "What happened? What's wrong? Did you fail? It's okay, it's not the end of the world-"

"I didn't fail!" I restate, then correct myself. "Actually, I did. But I guess that doesn't really matter considering I'm expelled from this school" I sarcastically smile with tears threatening to soak my cheeks.

"Woah. Woah. What're you talking about?" Joey asks confusingly.

Justin doesn't even confirm his thoughts. He knows what he's thinking, and he knows he's hit the issue on the nose. "I'll be back. Don't go anywhere." Justin calmly says before grabbing his sweater of the chair and jogging out the door.

Joey stood there, puzzled . "What's his deal? And what's your deal?"

I took a moment to regain all my thoughts, adding a heavy sigh to complete my processing. I explained to Joey what had happened. All about how I'd forgotten about my test and spent all day cramming information into my head. I mentioned how tense I was and that I had decided to take a couple muscle relaxers. When I told Joey the name of the medication, he was shocked at why I took such a strong pill. Apparently, I only needed half of one to calm me down. I decided to conveniently leave out the fact that Justin was the one who supplied me with the drugs. The last thing I needed right now was Joey going off on another one of his anti-Bizzle speeches.

My phone vibrated around the same time that I'd finished explains and answering all the questions Joey had. I picked it up and glared at the lock screen.

New Message:
From: The Boy That Gets You Wet

Come down to the Dean's building. Now.

I almost choked on my own saliva after reading what Justin had put his contact name under. I was surprised at how anonymously he swapped our numbers considering that he rarely ever even used his phone.

"Who is it?" Joey asked peering his head over my shoulder. I held my phone against my chest so he couldn't read the name.

"Justin." I swallowed, "Um, I have to go to the Dean's building? I'll see you in a bit." I grabbed my coat. I heard Joey call out something behind me but I couldn't make out, so I just kept walking out the door. I make my way down campus, a million thoughts crowding my inner conscious. This couldn't end well.

When I make it to the door, I'm almost out of breath. I'm not sure if it was because of my quick hike to the building or because I could actually feel my heart beating against my chest. A little bit of both I presume.

I knock on the door with the tag stuck to the frame that says, Dean: Richard Blocs. The door finally opens and I'm greeted by a tall man in a black security suit. "Mrs. Saxton?" He asks. I nod me head vigorously before he makes way for me to step in.