11. Weekend Jitters

A dreadful pounding in my head, as if someone was walking on my forehead with high heels, that's how I was awoken. The smell of weed and alcohol overshadowed the scent of sweat and puke.

My face was practically glued to concrete. I placed my palms on the hard surface and forced my heavy head up. Turning over on my back, I realized, I was pedestaled up on the center counter of the kitchen. The kitchen from the party I was at, last night.

At first I thought, no way I stayed here all night and knocked out. Then, I came to grasp the fact that I couldn't even remember if I stayed half the night. Then it hit me, I didn't just knock out, I blacked out.

"Ugh, what happened last night?" I asked rhetorically at my aching body.

My head thumped against itself repeatedly and only got worse when a specific someone shouted, "Virginia!" and came running into the kitchen, jumping over-the knocked side-ways-keg stand. I put my hands over my ears and winced in pain. "We gotta bounce! Now!" Justin grabbed my waist and pulled me off the counter.

"Ouch! Chill out! First time hang-over, over here," I moaned pointing to myself.

"Yeah, well if we don't jet now, it's also gonna be your first arrest. The cops are on their way!" He explained grabbing my arm and pulling me along again.

The thumping in my head suddenly ceased to exist. I had bigger things on my mind now. "Wait, where's Joey?!" I asked as I was being pulled out of the kitchen.

"He left last night, he's back on campus" Justin doesn't stop walking as he speaks.

My mind is racing, but I can't remember anything from the night before. I stuck my feet to the ground and pulled Justin backward. "My phone?! I don't know where it is, but it's not with me" I panicked looking around me, hoping that it would magically appear.

"I'll buy you a new one," He insisted pulling me along again.

"No! Besides, if I leave my phone, that's evidence. I'm a witness. I'm a hoodlum!" I patted down the pockets of my pants in hopes of finding it there.

I suddenly felt a loose breeze. I grasped my breasts, "Where the hell is my bra?!" I shrieked realizing it wasn't on my body. "What in the hell happened last night!?"

Justin tilts his head at me and smirks, "Don't know, but can't say I'm mad it's gone missing. In fact, I wish the rest of your clothes would too" He says playfully tugging my shirt.

I whack his arm, "Not the time!" I scold. I thought for a quick moment, "The roof!" That was the latest memory I could piece together. I prayed that I'd accidentally left my phone up there.

I ran up the stairs, Justin trailing quickly behind me.

We made it to the little bedroom and Justin helped me climb through the ceiling. The cold, breezy, morning hit my skin like a slap. I spotted my phone on the blanket almost instantly. I snatched it and then jumped back down to the bedroom. "Got it! Let's go!" I cheered running to the exit.

Justin abruptly pulled me backwards, almost toppling me over my own feet. "It's too late to go out that way. We gotta find a different way out" He informs me.

My head begins pounding again, "We're four stories off the ground, there is no other way." Justin doesn't say another word, he hops onto the bed and throws himself onto the roof. I throw my head back, but follow him anyway.

When were on the roof, I spot flashing lights on the other side of the house. There was more than one cop car, and they were all at the front of the house.

Justin searched, the almost empty, rooftop for something to help us out. I'm in the middle of it, running every horrible possibility through my head. "You ever been abseiling?" He asks and I shake my head. My eyes widen when I catch on to what he's suggesting as he stands there with a rope in his hand.