29. Where Are You Now?

And so there a lay. Curled up in a ball on the top half of my bed. My face resting on my pillow, pellets of rain hitting my window sill, tears running so fast down my face they all blurred into the feeling of one. My hands locked together, clutched against my chest as I held the last piece of him. A paper about the size of an index card. I shakily opened my palms, my eyes flashed against the last line of the small written letter.

I love you. Forever. - J

And at that moment I crumpled the paper back into my hands, scrunching my eyes shut as more tears poured out. This was it. This was then end. They always said that love would be enough. They said to trust your heart, that love would set you free. But he knew better. He always did. That was the best part about loving him, he saw the sunshine and the rain. Remembering the past brings pain to my chest, butterflies to my stomach, and tears to my eyes. But for what it's worth, I wouldn't change a single thing.

***

IDK WTF HAPPENED TO THE REST OF THE CHAPTER I JUST REALIZED THAT IT WAS ALL DELETED😭😭😭 I'm so sorry, I honestly don't have time to rewrite it at the moment but I'll get to it soon enough. If you're reading this and want to stop and wait until I rewrite it so you can finish the story then stop reading now.

If you want to finish the story I'll just give you a brief summary of what happened in this chapter:

Mila goes to therapy. She finishes nursing school and graduates as a registered nurse. By the time she's finished with her therapy sessions and school, it's been five years since Justin. Mila is now dating Asher, a boy she met in school. Joey has a seizure due to the tumor on his brain, that's when he realizes his cancer has spread and the tumors have become unresponsive to the chemo therapy. This chapter highlighted the unbreakable friendship between Mila and Joey. Unfortunately, Joey passes away in his sleep just 6 months after his seizure.