24. Uh Oh

"Two questions!" Justin chanted walking into my room with his khaki shorts and a cap on his head. "Okay, why didn't you tell me your dad owned a golf course?"

I laughed, after admiring how cute he looked in his golfing outfit. "It's actually a whole country club that he owns, the golf course is just a section of it."

Justin removed his cap, tousled his hat hair, swung his arm against his stomach, and took a bow, "Sincerest apologies madam." He says with an English accent.

I grabbed the round pink pillow beside me and forcefully threw it at him, knocking him out of his bowed position. He laughed and balanced himself on his feet. "What was your second question?" I giggled as he walked to my bed and sat beside me.

"Huh?" He questioned looking down at the old scrapbook I had been rifling through.

"You walked in here and yelled 'two questions'. You only asked one." I reminded him.

He looked up at the ceiling and thought about it for second, "Oh, I just said that so the phrase sounded right. It wouldn't sound right if I didn't say I had two. I only had that one though." He smiled up at me from the scrapbook with his teeth clenched. I shook my head and hit him with the pillow again, gently this time though. Such a dork.

"I'll take it you had fun with Alan?" I asked since they'd spent the whole morning golfing at the club and Justin seemed to be in a great mood.

Justin closed the scrapbook and nodded eagerly, "Yeah! He ran the golf cart into a couple trees, and got it stuck in a few sand piles, but we got it back in one piece. The old people were getting so annoyed though! One old man threw a putter at us and it hit my knee cap!" He cackled pulling up his shorts to show me his bruised knee. I'd never seen anyone so enthusiastic about getting hit with a golf club by an elderly man. "It was hilarious! You should've came with us!" He said still chuckling.

My bedroom door flung open, "Dude, you ready to go?"

Justin hopped off the bed in excitement, "Yeah! Aye, Alan and I were gonna go get subs for dinner! Wanna come?" He asked leaning forward on my mattress.

I shook my head, "Nah, I promised my mom I'd help her plant some flowers in the front yard. Bring me something back?" I asked.

"Crispy Turkey, extra tomato, no mayo." Justin recited knowing my order by heart. I smiled cheekily and nodded at his proud expression. "Gotchu." He leaned forward and gave me a slobbery kiss on my cheek.

"Ewh!" I laughed pushing his chest away and wiping his dripping saliva off my skin.

"What the fuck, man." Alan gagged with a disgusted sneer. Justin just laughed. Nothing could change his mood at that point.

They both went off and I got up to change my clothes into something more suitable for gardening out in the warm sun and muddy landscape.

* * *

I grabbed the toasted bagel and the sealed packet of cream cheese from the countertop, "Justin! Let's go!" I called out when I heard him coming down the steps with our luggage's. I tossed my side bag over my shoulder and headed to the front door.

"You sure you guys have to leave today?" My mom asked standing by the door, looking devastated as she watched us in a hurry.

I twisted my lips and nodded, "We have to go see Joey all morning and then it's a long trip back to Memphis." I explained, though she already knew that much.

Joey's first chemo session was this morning. It was scheduled for the morning after my dads dinner, but the doctor called Joey and rescheduled it to a week later. There were still a few more days left of spring break, but spending a week with Justin and my parents in the same house seemed long enough. So, our plan was to stay with Joey this morning and once it was over with, we'd head back to campus. Joey decided to spend the last few days here, in Vienna, with his family after his first session.