2. Money Makers

A solid two weeks on campus had done me well. Vicky and I were much more comfortable around one another, it's amazing how just a couple weeks together can make the biggest difference. Throughout these weeks we've excepted each other's differences. I no longer ask her to turn down her music when it's blasting through the stereo and I'm trying to work. I just walk over to the small park, under the huge oak tree and I work. Unless it's raining of course, then I go to the English library. Vicky no longer begs at me to go to every party or such every night. We've gotten to know each other on more civilized levels. I'm hoping that once classes start she'll settle down. I know she probably isn't as focused on school as I am but she cares in some manner.

Teachers have emailed me about the online books/disks that I'll need. So I've already bought those items off the web, which rounded to a good $500. With the money I've been spending on food and small things around campus, I only have about $300 left in my bank account. So I've been considering getting a small part time job here.

One morning I walked off campus to this small coffee shop, about a half mile away. Thankfully, the campus was surrounded by a buzzing city, so it wasn't hard to leave and come back within a decent amount of time. Though, if I had no choice, I'd probably walk a couple miles for a good cup of coffee. Yes, I do have a small coffee fetish. So when I saw a 'Help Wanted' sign on the shops glass door, I was excited to ask the girl working there about a part time job for myself. This would be a perfect job for me. It paid well enough, it was close by campus and it was coffee! Her name was Linda, she was the only one currently working there. The cafe was small and didn't need more than a couple workers there at a time. In my opinion Linda gave me the harder shift, the earliest shift, from 5am till 10am. Luckily for me, my classes didn't start till noon, so my plans didn't crash.

Three days passed on the new job, it hadn't seemed too difficult at all. My hours were short. Plus, this early in the morning there were a lot of coffee drinkers-a lot to keep me company. Joey strolled in once each day, requesting a confusing drink just to throw me off. Skilled enough, I'd get every crazy drink he desired correct.

It was real early one morning, 5 am, the shop was basically deserted. The past couple experienced days, I realized it wasn't till around 7 that people would begin to gather here. Though, a couple earlier risers strolled in every now and then before that. On this particular morning, an unexpected earlier riser strolled in. As soon as his eyes met mine, his lips curled into a smirk.

I really didn't like this. The way he'd glance at me, it's like he knew positively that he was sending venom through my veins with every simple glance.

"Medium coffee, black" Bizzle requested as he placed the helmet that was formerly on his head on the counter beside him. I nodded my head and turned back to the coffeepots, brewing a the first pot of the morning.

I casually watched the pot brew, not ready to turn and most likely embarrass myself in front of him. Though, when the pot ticked off, I had no choice. I placed a paper cup in front of him as he sat on the bar, I poured it close to the top, then placed the pot back. "What brings you to a job like this? Aren't your parents like loaded?" Bizzle questioned taking a hot sip of his coffee.

At first I was not exactly sure how he knew my family had good money, but then I remembered the paint ball incident. He must know my dad's the mayor. After a long enough pause I gathered my breath, "Yea but it's not my money. Letting me move here and paying for my classes was enough on their part" He gave me an expression, in some type of agreement.

Sipping on his coffee, he tapped his fingers on the counter, "So I thought I told you to come to my fight last week?" He exclaimed in a cocky tone. His carmel eyes traveled from his coffee, up the half of my body he could see from behind the counter, and halting once they met my own.