27. Lifeless

The pain in my stomach was restless and contagious. Within a few minutes I felt the sharp aches all over my body; my head, my chest, my arms, my spine, my legs and everywhere between. My cheek was continuously be slapped in an attempt to wake me up and although I was fully aware of the action, I couldn't gather enough strength to force myself out of my dazed faint.

"Oh Mila," Evan's voice sang and echoed through my body, "Wakey, wakey." His hand wrapped around my jaw as he shook me until I was finally able to open my eyes. He glanced down at me with pride. Keeping his hand tight on my jaw, he turned my face to his. "It's about time you woke up. Now, stay awake, or we're going to have a bigger problem then we already do."

I couldn't catch enough air to put together a response. I just lie there on the cold kitchen floor with the butchers knife still intact. I could feel the blood trickle down and around my stomach, but I was too afraid to look and see how much damage I'd done.

Evan had stood up and walked to the other side of the room, returning with my phone in his hand. "Please. Evan." I gasped quietly, but it took all my internal strength.

"Don't worry, I'll get you to a hospital as soon as I get what I need." He says tapping away at my phone. He lay it beside my head after opening up the dialing keypad. "See, you trying to kill yourself wasn't part of the plan and that made things a lot more complicated, but we'll manage." He scrolls down my contact list and squints at the screen as he reads each name. "Justin Bieber?" He reads, "What is that? A code name?" He scuffs before shaking his head and clicking the contact number.

"Evan," I whisper, "Please, don't hurt him." I plead, but he simply smirks. He grabs the rubber end of the knife that's still plunged inside me and rips it out with no remorse. I scream in agony, my hands cover the wound to pressure it, and I roll over on my stomach in immense pain. I crush my face against the floor and gasp harshly against it. My stomach is pumping like a machine with a powered up battery.

Evan grabs my arm, flips me over, and sits me up against himself. Every cell in my body is in a bath of pain mixed with fear. "Since you're already fucking dying, I can't exactly use you as bait the way I full-proof planned. So, plan-unintended-B." Evan lifts the knife and holds it against my throat. My body is numb and beginning to lose consciousness is becoming inevitable. I notice my limbs beginning to spas with no control from my body. Evan picks up the phone and puts it to my ear, "Call your boy and tell him you need him to come over. If you so much as breathe a hint that somethings wrong. I'll fucking kill you." Evan noticeably swallows uneasily.

Taking me several seconds to get a short response out of my breathless body, I asked, "W-why are you doing this?"

Evan rolls his eyes, obviously knowing he doesn't have to tell me anything, but chooses to speak anyway, "Because Bieber is a damn crook. He owes me. And he doesn't seem to care about anything more than he cares about you." He declares.

My skin is icy pain at this point. I shift uncomfortably in Evan's grips, "I'll w-I'll write you a check." I quiver, "I-I have the money. My dad-"

Evan tightens the hold on the knife to my neck signaling me to stop talking. "I don't want your money." He chuckles, "Watching him squirm is just as important." Evan taps the green button on the phone and the dial turns up. He doesn't have to remind me of what I need to do and need not do.

The line picks up almost immediately, "You scared the hell out of me." Justin breathes in relief, "What took you so long to get back?"

I gathered my greatest breath together so I wouldn't sound wounded, "Sorry, there was a random back up on the main road." I explained. "Um, hey, Justin?"