Let Live (An Austin Carlile Love Story)

This is my brand new story! I'm so excited about it! I put a picture of "Tyler" over in the sidebar (Just a random pic I found on google :p)

P.S: I do not own Of Mice & Men or any other people, bands, brands, music, etc. mentioned in this story. All photos are from google, so I don't own them either. I only own the characters I created and the storyline!

I hope you enjoy this story! Let me know what you think :)

Tyler's P.O.V:

“Spare me just 3 last words, I love you is all she heard,” I sang quietly as an old Hawthorne Heights song played through my headphones. It was 2:30 am, and I was lying in my bed reading Cosmo, unable to sleep. I heard what sounded like a loud bang and I yanked my headphones out of my ears. It was quiet for a few seconds before I heard more banging coming from down the hall.

As far as I knew I was home alone; my older brother Josh had gone out with his friends earlier in the evening, and he would’ve hollered at me to let me know he was home; he always did. I jumped as I heard the strange noises again. I climbed out of bed, choosing to go investigate, and I grabbed my guitar to use as a weapon. It was the only thing in my sight that would take down someone if I had to. I walked slowly down the hall, heading through the living room and towards the kitchen in the house that Josh and I shared. I reached the kitchen, walking in slowly, my hands clutching my guitar up over my head. I flipped the light on and screamed a little as I came face to face with a very tall stranger, covered in tattoos, who was rummaging through the cabinets, grabbing bottles of alcohol.

“Woah,” he said as he set down the bottle he was clutching and threw his hands up in the air in defense.

“Who are you?” I questioned as I eyed him.

“Um….I’m Austin…..uhh…Josh’s friend,” he muttered quickly. I let out a deep breath lowering the guitar to the floor, my heart pounding in my chest. “Wait…were you going to bludgeon me with a guitar?” he asked as he raised an eyebrow at me, biting his bottom lip as he tried not to laugh.

“I was prepared to! You scared the shit out of me! I thought I was home alone!” I replied, trying to catch my breath. He was silent for a moment and I noticed him smirk and subtly look me up and down. It was then I realized what I was wearing: a sports bra and a pair of really short running shorts. I fake coughed as I felt my cheeks blush, and I turned to walk back to my room.

“Well what do I owe this pleasant surprise?” I heard my brother’s best friend, Alan, say as he entered the kitchen from the other direction. I turned around and flipped him off, his face mocking hurt as my brother entered the kitchen behind him.

“Dude, that’s my sister!” Josh said as he smacked Alan on the back of the head. I chuckled as Josh nodded in my direction, acknowledging me. “I came to see what all of the commotion was in here,” he said as he opened the fridge and pulled out a beer.

“Your sister tried to attack me with a guitar,” the tattooed guy, Austin I think, replied, laughing heartily.

“Okay. I didn’t know you were home, I heard noises and got freaked out, so I decided to investigate. I had to be prepared to defend myself!” I said, my voice fluctuating in defense as the 3 boys laughed. “I’m gonna go back to my room, now. You fuckers have fun,” I said smirking as I began to walk back through the living room to the hallway.

“She’s mouthy, that one. I love it,” Alan shouted after me as I reached my bedroom, yanking the door open and slamming it shut behind me. I collapsed on my bed, thinking about Austin. He looked really familiar, but I don’t think I had met him before, which was weird because I knew practically all of my brother’s friends…Why had I never seen him before? And why did he look so freaking familiar to me?

He was absolutely, completely gorgeous! I had a weakness for brown eyes and tattoos. That nose ring was very sexy, too. I shut off my lamp and crawled under the covers. I closed my eyes and heard my phone buzz. I picked it up and rolled my eyes at the message on the screen: I was in no mood for this right now. I ignored the message and drifted off to sleep. Surprisingly I wasn’t replaying the embarrassment I had just suffered, but instead I couldn’t stop thinking about Austin, hoping I would see him again. I shouldn’t be thinking about him like that, it wasn’t right, but I couldn’t help it.

---------

I woke up to my alarm buzzing incessantly. I pulled myself out of bed, and began to get ready to go to work. I hopped in the shower, hurridly washing my hair and shaving my legs. I got out and blow-dried my hair quickly, then moved on to makeup.

I emerged from the bathroom to get dressed. I threw on a tight black v-neck, jean shorts, and my red Vans. I placed a black beanie over my long, wavy bright-red hair, and replaced my nose stud with a silver hoop. I grabbed my bag, my keys, and my phone, and walked out of my room, heading in the direction of the kitchen as the scent of fresh coffee filled the air. It wasn't even 9 am: I was going to need some of that to get through this day.

I laughed out loud at the sight in the living room: my brother was nowhere to be seen, Austin was half hanging off the couch, still asleep, and Alan, who was only in his underwear for some reason, was sprawled out on the floor passed out.  I walked over to Alan and sat on his chest. I leaned over so my lips were barely grazing his ear.

“Morning Alan!!” I yelled loudly, right in his face.

“Ahhhhhhhh!” He yelled as he came out of his slumber, pushing me off of him as his screams filled the air. I laid on the floor, laughing loudly at myself as Alan jumped straight up, trying to calm his breathing.

“Ha.Ha.Ha. You’re soooo funny, Tyler!” Alan mocked, before stomping off to the bathroom. I picked myself up off of the ground and fixed my shirt. I heard someone clear their throat and I looked over towards the sound to see Austin awake and sitting up, staring at me.

“Hey,” he said before quickly looking away. Was he blushing?? No……

“Hi,” I responded softly before walking into the kitchen to get that coffee. I poured some into a travel mug and hollered at Josh to let him know I was leaving. I took a long drink of the warm liquid as I walked back through the living room towards the front door. As I passed Austin I gave him a small wave, and he responded by flashing me a huge, beautiful smile.

As I shut the door I felt like I was going to pass out. He was so HOT! I shook my head, trying to clear these thoughts out of mind, thoughts that shouldn’t be there. I got into my car and backed out of the driveway quickly, the picture of Austin’s smile burned into my mind.

It was going to be a long day……