Tell Me What It Is You Want Me to Say

Bringin the gif on the side back because I just love it so much!!! <3

Enjoy

Tyler's P.O.V:

I turned and began to  walk away, a few tears absentmindedly filling my eyes. "Tyler, hold up. Please, don't go," Kody's voice rang out from behind me. He reached out, his fingers barely grazing my shoulder before he yanked his hand away quickly. I paused facing away from him, frozen in my tracks. "Please, just - just stay for a minute."

"Why in the hell should I?" I snapped as I turned around, thankful that my sunglasses were hiding the glossy tears lingering on my eyelashes.

"Please. I need to talk to you, I need to apologize. Just have a cup of coffee with me; that's it, no more. 15 minutes, that's all I need. Please." He was practically begging with me. I don't know why, I don't know what is was, but I felt like I couldn't leave. I hadn't quite moved on from what happened, and truth is I wanted an explaination. I nodded my head in agreement and walked with him into the nearly deserted coffee house, the scent of cinnamon hitting me as I stepped through the door.

I took a seat at a table near a window, staring out the cloudy sky as Kody walked back over with our coffee. He handed me mine and I took it without a word, drinking slowly from it as I continued to gaze outside. "Tyler. First off, I need to say I'm sorry. I know that doesn't mean anything, that that doesn't make up for what I did to you, but I need to say it. Because it's true. What I did - I have hated myself everyday for the last few months just thinking about it. I don't know what came over me; that isn't me. You didn't deserve to be treated the way that I treated you. I just -" I heard his voice crack a little and I looked over to meet his eyes. I was met with an expression that I had never once seen on his face, not even when things were good between us. It was sincerity.

"I want to forgive you, Kody. I do. It's not easy, though."

"I know. I'm not asking for your forgiveness, Ty. I don't deserve it, I never will, but I wanted you to know how sorry I am, and how much that day has changed my life. I got help after that. I started volunteering at the battered women shelter downtown. I didn't do it to make myself feel better, I did it to open my eyes and make me realize the damage I had caused you. I've changed, I have, and as horrible as it sounds I have you to thank for that because I"ve changed for the better." I listened intently as the words sunk in.

"I've changed for the better as well, and I have you to thank for that, too. I finally realized that I deserved better, and I figured out how to be strong," I replied, giving him a sly smile.

We fell into easy conversation as we drank our coffees; I could tell he had changed, and I was glad that he finally decided to grow up. He told me about his new girlfriend, who, thanks to me, he treats with the upmost respect. I smiled at that as I listened to him talk about her. It didn't make me sad or angry like I had orginally thought it would. I felt something else, something that I had wanted to feel for so long: closure. Despite what Kody had done I felt as if I could forgive him, and I could finally move on with my life. Before this conversation I hadn't realized how much I had been holding back because things with him were left unresolved.

He asked me about school, and for some reason the words just came pouring out. I told him of my dilema, my acceptance to MSM, and my fear of telling Austin. Kody and I had been friends once upon a time, and seeing how much he had changed, how much he reminded me of the Kody I knew a long time ago, I felt like I could talk to him, and he would give me his honest opinion.

"This Austin guy, he loves you right?" He questioned and I nodded my head with a smile. "Then he should be happy for you. If he really loves you as much as he says he does the distance won't matter. Getting into a school as prestigious as that, with a full scholarship none the less, is no easy accomplishment, Ty. He'll see that and he'll be excited for you. Hell, I'm excited for you." I flashed him a smile. "Listen, don't be afraid to tell him. You guys love each other; you'll figure out a way to make it work as long as both of you are willing. And by the way it sounds he encouraged you to follow your dream, so I don't see why he would have a problem with it."