This Moment Now

Here's another new one for all of you lovely readers. I hope you like this one. This was.....definitely one of my favorites to write. I love how it turned out so I hope you do too!!

Vote and Comment! Let me know your thoughts, I love reading them!

Thanks for everything. You all are amazing and I love each and every one of you! <3

Dedicated to................. ktlillian <3

Tyler's P.O.V:

"Baby, come on!” I  whined, doing my best to get Austin moving. “You promised me we could open presents tonight, and I expect you to keep that promise!” He kept his eyes trained on the video game he had been focused on for hours.

It was Christmas Eve. I had spent the day baking and wrapping the remainder of Austin’s presents, getting them situated under the tree with the rest of them that had accumulated over the past week. Earlier in the evening we had gone to my brother’s house for dinner, joining him and Lydia, as well as Alan and Maddie, who were now dating, and Aaron and his fiancée, Amanda. We had spent the evening laughing and smiling, eating the delicious feast that Lydia had prepared. We had left Josh’s house a few hours ago, and on the way home I had managed to talk Austin into exchanging gifts tonight instead of tomorrow; not like it had taken much convincing. All I had to do was pout my bottom lip and bat my eyelashes a few times and I had him hook, line, and sinker. He had given in, but went right to playing video games the minute we got home, continuing to put it off longer and longer just to annoy me. “Austin Robert Carlile!” I shouted. I saw him smirk, but he refused to look my way. “I’m taking my shirt off,” I stated. Of course, that worked. He looked over so fast I thought his head would snap off, frowning when he noticed I was still fully clothed. As I distracted him he ended up losing his game, cursing under his breath with a huff.

“You made me die!” He said with a pout. I put my hands on my hips and glared at him.

“Good, now we can get down to business!” He rose from the couch, putting his hands over mine, which were still firmly placed on my hips, and pulled me towards him.

“You need to learn to be patient.” He grinned at me.

“But I don’t wanna be patient,” I cried, and he let out a laugh. He bent down, kissing my forehead.

“Alright, alright, let’s go.” I squealed excitedly, and followed Austin to the kitchen where he grabbed a beer for each of us and led me back to the living room. We took a seat on the floor in front of the tree; I was so giddy with excitement I could hardly stand it. For a person who hates surprises I was sure excited. Truthfully, I was more excited to give Austin his gifts than to see what he had gotten for me; I had always been that way. It brought me more joy to see others happy than for myself to be happy, and this was no exception.

“Okay, you first!” I said, handing Austin his first gift. He took it with a smile, shaking it lightly before prying open the wrapping paper.

“No fucking way,” he shouted animatedly as the gift was revealed.

“Do you like it?” I asked, and he shot me a huge, goofy smile.

“Like it? I love it! I’ve wanted one of these forever!” He pulled the Darth Vader helmet out of its box, putting it on his head. I laughed, snapping a quick picture.

I was up next, my first present so amazing my heart practically stopped. It was a Michael Kors bag, a really expensive one at that; I had pointed it out to him only two days ago when we were out and about. He was a sneaky one, that’s for sure.