Before I let go

*NZURI POV*

"W-why would you wanna help me? Y-You don't even know me. They could kill you." I said to him shivering because I was still wet and it was cold in here.

"You don't know me, but I know you. I've always known you." He said in a low voice.

"Whadyyu mean? I've never seen you before in my life." I took in this time to look at him, and I mean really look at him, but because he was looking down, I could only get a glimpse. "What's your name?" I asked quietly.

"You can call me Chris. All my friends and family do." He spoke.

"How do you know me?" I searched his face looking for anything that'll tell me if I've seen him before.

"Because i'm-"

"CHRISTOPHER!" Monroe barged in stopping Chris from talking. Chris jaws began to clench as if he hated Monroe more then I did, but why would he have a reason to?

Chris stood up and glared at Monroe. "Don't you got business to handle ? You're supposed to be going to Dave's trap!" Monroe whispered loudly but I could still hear. The sound of Dave's name made my heart race, the love of my life was actually somewhere worried about me and I couldn't do anything to help him find me.

"Dave?" I asked shocked, "W-wh-Why would you be going to Dave's? If you hurt him, I swear I will never forg-" I couldn't even finish my sentence before Monroe's hand went across my face. I could feel my nose snap and the blood rushing down. I looked over at Chris and he was looking away as if he wanted to help me but he couldn't, like Monroe had a hold on him that wouldn't allow him to hurt Monroe like his hear truly desired. I thought the days of me being abused by Monroe were over, but no matter how far I traveled, Troubled just troubled behind me.

I was still hunched over when Monroe came towering over me, he grabbed me by my hair and swung me to the wall and started choking me. My eyes were watering and my vision was slowly getting blurred. He leaned down to my ear and spoke with spit flowing out with every other word. "No one told you to speak! That was always your problem. You're hardheaded, you're weak. Just like your mother! Ever really wondered what happen to her? Hm? I killed her." My eyes widened at the thought and anger begin to consume my body. He's a monster. How can someone as loving as my mother end up with the devil himself! I started to fight back and it resulted to him getting even madder as he punched me in my stomach. This time out the corner of my eye, I could see Chris moving closer. Before Monroe kicked me in my rib. At this moment he was right, I was weak. I couldn't even avenge my mothers death, I was a sorry excuse of a daughter and he should just kill me now.

As soon as Monroe was about to send another blow my way, Chris finally stepped in. "You DON'T wanna do that! If you're gonna sell her like you say then no one is going to buy her when she is covered with bruises. " Monroe thought for a second and then wiped the sweat from his lip, like the beating he was giving me was actually him exercising and wasn't a big deal. He backed away from me and turned towards Chris breathing heavy. "Get to the trap. Arrange the deal." Monroe told him while pushing him out the way before he slammed the door. Chris looked back at me and came by my side.

I was feeling hot all over and my emotions were all over the place. Learning that your father killed your mother and lied about it kinda fucks you up inside. I was pissed, not just at my father but at everyone. I was mad at my mother for leaving me, I was mad at Dave for making me feel like I actually mattered and I was mad at myself for not thinking this sooner. I wanted to scream matter of fact. That's exactly what I was gonna do. "Nzuri..." Chris said

"Get out..."I whispered

"What?"

"Get out... Get out.. GET OUT! GET OUT! GET OUT! " I started yelling and throwing whatever was near me which wasn't much. "UGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!" I was so fed up with this thing called life. I looked around after my tantrum and found that I had broken off a sharp object from the frame of the bed. I slowly got over and limped to where it was and propped myself up. I stared into space for a moment before I looked down at my wrist. I took a deep breath before putting the sharp object aligned to my wrist. "Death has got to be easy, because Life is hard"....

Dave's POV :

I was finally getting some sleep in my office before I heard arguing downstairs. I got up mad as hell because this is the first time I've been able to close my eyes without even seeing Nzuri and I believed that the more rest my brain gets, the more it'll be easier to find her. I stomped down to the entrance where I seen this Diggy Simmons looking nigga held at gunpoint by all my workers. The funny thing is, This nigga was arguing with Blaze like all these guns wasn't pointed towards him.

"HEY! " My voice boomed through the whole room making Shanta jump. Tf was she still doing here. "The hell is going on here?" I questioned.

"This nigga just walked up in here like he Chris Tucker off of Rush Hour or some shit." Blaze said while sizing the lil nigga up

"Mannn if youoon BACK Yo I wanna be Ronnie from New Edition ass up. I'm hea cause I got sum info on someone I know y'all are looking fa. I just might be that person to know where she at. I came to speak to the boss and from the looks of you kissing ole dude ass here when he stepped out that damn sho ain't you partna." Ole dude stepped up to Blaze, I kinda watched in amusement cause not many niggas fw his crazy ass.

Blaze just nodded his head. "IGHT, Yeah I got something for that New Edition shit, I'm finna light yo ass up with poison." Blaze said before cocking his gun. "Ight that's enough." I said, I would've continue to listen to them squabble, but he had information on my babygirl and right now. I " needed that. "Step into my office young blood." Shanta and Blaze walked behind Dude to make sure he wasn't on no funny shit. Once in my office, he just made his ass at home and begin talking. "Monroe wants to make a deal. 50 million before the end of Friday night." He said while rubbing his hands, I looked at my phone. Today was Wednesday. "Yo why tf y'all just telling me this shit now! How tf we gone come up with some shit like that in two days!" I yelled.

He just shook his head, "I don't make the rules, I just play by 'em." He said "Look, You give the money , you get the girl. That's how things work. Monroe will call you Friday afternoon with the time and location. Friday night you get there, make the trade. Hopefully no blood is splattered" I nodded my head. Shanta blew out air

"Y'all are talking about my bestfriend like she's some fucking item waiting to be sold! She's a person you asshole! She feels things! She hurts, she cries, she laughs! She's scared and in the hands of that monster and you're treating her like she's a fucking car just waiting to be handed to a new owner!" She said getting into his face. This was really getting to her and she was close to breaking down any second. Blaze pulled her away, before going to my desk and scribbling something on paper.

"I just want my girl home bruh." He nodded.

"Well in that case. You're gonna need me. "He said with confidence

"Need you? Nigga you need to get your ass out this office before you get yo ass capped!" Blaze demanded, but not once did he look up from that damn paper. Is this nigga taking notes?

"B Chill. What exactly do we need you for? You working with the opps." I said to him.

"I was born into this shit. Ian have a choice. This shit ain't for me, but I played the cards that I was dealt. I wanted to have my own tattoo shop, but my pops thought that shit didn't bring in the big bills. These niggas grimy. I've seen the shit they do to females, the shit bothered the life outta me, but I couldn't save them off, but Nzuri... She's the one that has to get away. Truth is, after you hand over the money. Ice has instructions to take you out. No one is even allowed to come witchuu to the meet, which you'll learn yourself. I can be yo man in the inside. I can cut the cameras off, sneak in a couple of yo squad, and when the time is right. We can off all them sadistic muthafuckas. If I betray you man, I swear. You can kill me yoself." I really read dude when I saw 'em. He meant it when he said he wasn't built for this shit. He doesn't stir in the face of terror, but you can tell he's the type that uses his brain more then his muscles. I dapped him up.

"You got heart kidd. I'll give you that, but fuck up and it wont be me you gotta worry about." I said looking at Blaze lighting a piece of paper on fire that looks to be a drawing of dude in front of us, so that's what his ass was over there doing. Dude looked up at me and nodded before heading out, I had to stop him because it was something that was bothering me.

"Yo." I called out. "You said Nzuri was the one that had to get away.. Why are you so hellbent on saving her? I mean i'm grateful man, but curious. Why her?" He looked around for a bit before coming fully back into the room.

"Because.." He started "... She's my sister."