Always Too Good To Be True

•Nzuri POV•
Dave ended up taking us to "Hypes" which is a place a little outside of town for adults to eat a lot of junk food and drink candy liquor and play games. It was really hard to get Shanta to come out, I wanted the answers to how the hell she had a baby and I didn't even know about it.
"Yo me and Blaze gone go get us some coins and shii, why don't y'all go find us a table. It's kinda packed in here" Dave said before checking with us and walking away. We finally found a table for four in the back so we could watch everyone and not be bothered.
"I've actually never been here before" Shanta said while putting her purse down.

"Well duhh, We're not allowed. We're only 19. I'm surprised we even got in"

"Yunno East and Blaze run this town. I wouldn't be surprised if they actually owned it." She replied back to me. I stared at her for the longest wondering how I couldn't have known. After awhile, she finally looked up from her phone and sighed.

"I'll tell you about it if you stop looking at me"

"Tell me? Tell me about what?" I asked acting dumb.

"Don't be stupid Zur. I know you wanna know"

"I do. Badly. I just didn't wanna pry."

She nodded, I could tell she really didn't want to tell me, but she was going to do it anyway.

"Remember when I had left half a year ago. I told you that I was going to my Nana's because she was sick?" I nodded my head, I had wanted to go with, but her mother told me that it could have been deadly contagious and its best if I stay here. I remember it so badly because my dad beat me while coming out the shower because I used all the hot water.

"Yea. I remember. You didn't contact me until you came back like 6 months later" I stated very salty

"Yea well. I was 3 months pregnant and I was beginning to show. Mom feared that if anyone knew, it would ruin my chances of getting a good job and into law school. I tried to tell her that law wasn't what I wanted to practice, but she didn't care. She wanted me to live up to my grandfathers name. My father was just fine with me keeping Quadir and said that if anything a baby would give me the strength and will to go get a degree. Well, Me and my mom went up there and a couple months later, we got the call about my father. Mom didn't have a job at the time, so our bills kept coming and coming until they piled up and now she's in deep debt. Normally we were the family that had money because of my dad and he was always giving. One day, a person that my dad usually handed out money to came up begging and my mom didn't have any money to spare. He got angry and called Social Services because the lights and water were off and I couldn't properly care for Quadir. Um-I.. I called Jeremiah, he was in a relationship at the time.. And they were serious, but he told me he loved me. I asked him. No, I Begged him to help me. To just give me the money for the bills or to take Quadir so he wouldn't be given to anyone else and he denied him." By this time. She was crying and I wanted to stop her, but I've realized its better to let it out because keeping it in can make you a bitter person
"He denied my baby Zur. He didn't do anything to anybody. He just wanted to be loved and I - I never would've asked for anything unless he really needed it." I went over to hug her "What kind of mother am I?!" She cried while laying her head on my shoulder.

"Babes. You're a great mother and your son will know that because we're going to find him. Even if it takes weeks, or months, or years. My nephew will know that his mother is a strong beautiful woman who fought for him. It's not your fault" she smiled while wiping away her tears
A few mins later, Dave and Trav came back with Hot wings and Pizza with slushy drinks.
"Yo you good?", Trav asked Shanta
She drunk her slushy and then said "Yea nigga now hurry up so I can kick your ass in this ping pong game" Trav looked confused

"Most couples play basketball against each other on an arcade date. Yo ass wanna play ping pong?" He asked with a tf face.
Shanta rolled her ass and got up walking away "Bring ya ass nigga"

I laughed and looked at Dave. Every day he looked sexier to me. He was too busy eating to pay attention, I was glad because I kind of looked like a crazy person.
"Aye B whatchuu looking at?" I looked stunned AF because not once did he look up
"I'm very well aware of my surroundings ma. I be noticing you and shawty looking at me for a good 5 mins" Shawty? What Shawty? I searched until I looked across the room and saw a NewNew wannabe hawking at Dave. I began to grow jealous until he made me look at him and kissed me. Throughout that kiss. I felt like my body was exploding and fire was taking over.
"I only got eyes for you ma" He said while looking at my lips. I couldn't stop blushing because he's truly my life saver.
"Um. So I was thinking.. That its time for me to move out" I said hesitantly. He looked at me like I had four heads.

"Why would you wanna move out? It's more than enough room at the house" he said while wiping his lips of hot wings grease.

"Well. You've given me more than enough. I just feel like I'm invading your privacy yunno and I-"

"Just stop. Yunno I enjoy your company. I'd lose my mind if you moved out." He said looking me dead into my eyes

"Really?"

"Really Really!" I smiled as he continued "Cause if you leave. Who gone cook for me" my smiled instantly left as he began to laugh pulling me closer to him

"I'm just playing babe. I really enjoy your company. You make that empty ass house feel like a home and I'm glad you're there so I can come home to you every night. I want you there for the long run, and maybe ONE day we can share a bed together"
I rolled my eyes and pushed him off of me "Very Funny Dave"
"No really. I've never felt like this for a female in my life. You make me soft ma. You get into my head and you make me see a future with you as my wife and having my big headed ass kids. I wanna do right by you, and everyday I see you, I get the urge to scoop you up before it's too late. With that being said... Lemme be the man that you need. "

"W-What are you saying?" I said nervously

"Be mine ? All I need is one chance and I'll be that dude you need. Just say the word and I'm yours" I was shaking happily in my new Black Timberlands I just brought me and Shanta last week "Yes!" I squealed a little too loud, but I didn't care. The only man whose been genuine in my life is officially mine. Everything was perfect, as he was about to kiss me glass shattered around the arcade and I felt a sudden stinging pain in my side. I then began to feel sleepy as everything went black.