Cry

•Nzuri POV•
I ran to my room and locked the door before grabbing my suitcase and filling it up with anything I could put my hands on. I ordered an uber and was halfway done packing before I heard the knob jiggle followed by hard knocking on the door.
"Zur.. C'mon man speak to me." I ignored him and continued to pack whatever could fit.

"Baby.. Just talk to me alright. I know you're upset, but if you hear me out I promise-" his sentence got interrupted by me opening the door with my stuff in my hand. He did a crooked smile but it slowly faded when he saw my bags.

"Yo. W-where you going?" He asked with a sympathetic look. I feel bad for doing this to him, but I feel twice as worse knowing that she's carrying his child.

"I can't stay here Dave. I just- this.. this isnt what I signed up for" I cried while tossing the strands of loose hair behind my ear. My phone got a ding notifying me that my uber was 2 mins away.
"You have two mins to say what you have to say."  I continued

"Nzuri, baby, I swear I have no idea how this happened. I haven't even-"

"When was the last time Dave?" Me and Dave have been talking a little over a month and if this happened while we were "together" then idk if I could ever forgive him.

"Zuri, I -"

"WHEN WAS THE LAST TIME... DAVID" I shouted as I grew frustrated with him. He waited a good minute before he finally spoke up. "The last time I remember seeing her... was the night after my moms dinner" After those words flew out, I couldn't continue my feelings any longer. I slapped him before I broke down. I must have did it a little too hard because his jaws clinched and his face was turning red and before I knew it, he had my jacked up against the wall, but he wasn't hurting me, but I was still scared.
"Yo keep yo fucking hands off me ight! I'm tryna explain to yo ass-"

"Explain what David!? How you left me here ALONE while I was sitting here WORRIED ABOUT YOU, but you were too busy fucking her to even think about me! I stayed up ALL NIGHT thinking of how I could make you feel better about your father, I was sad for you and you didnt even CARE!" I screamed as I pushed him off and picked up my things walking down the stairs.

He said nothing to me, but you could still see the veins poking out of his neck "Well where tf you gone go? Huh? Back to yo abusive ass daddy so he can beat your ass again?!" I froze. I never thought that Dave would say something so hurtful to me out of all people. Tears threatened to fall, but I refused to let them. Not in front of him, he doesn't get the privilege to see that. I turned around slowly and said "I wish you and your new family well. I hope you have nothing but the best" I managed to finally move my legs and walked outside where my Uber got out and helped me put my bags in the trunk. Dave stood at the door before shaking his head and slamming it. I sighed loudly before telling the uber the address to Shanta's house.

*25 mins later*
Finally arriving to Shanta's, I saw her light was on in her room, but all the others were off. I texted her to 'Come outside' so I wouldn't wake Mama Brielle up. I heard her feet approaching the door before the knob turned "Zur why the hell is yo ass outside all damn late!" She began before she saw my face and she instantly got into defense mode. "Wtf happened Nzuri??! Where's David?!" She asked looking around for him. "He's not here Tay... I don't want him here... She's pregnant " I said just above a whisper. She pulled me into a hug before she grabbed my bag from me and making her way up to her room. I just laid down because I was hella tired from all of the crying that was happening. Shanta kneeled down in front of me and spoke, "I'm gonna run you a bubble bath, and I'm gonna get some snacks and come back up here and you can tell me all about it.. okay?" I nodded my head and a few moments she returned to help me into the tub.
- 30 Mins into my bubble bath, The water started to get cold and I was getting wrinkly so I finally decided to step out. I put on a shirt that was way too big for me and some boyshorts before getting into bed. Shanta cuddled up next to me and began rubbing in my hair as I told her the events that happened tonight. She was hella mad at the fact that Dave put his hands on me and threatened to confront him, but I reassured her that Karma will catch up to him, but she vowed to tell Blaze about it anyway. I didnt want her to because I've become so close to Blaze, but I know his loyalty is with Dave, but she insisted anyway. "You're a beautiful girl Nzuri Abrenae. You're amazing and any man who doesnt think so is an asshole and his life is worthless. Whether is your dad, east, or anybody by that matter. You've overcame a lot of things. Being beaten, shot, absused mentally and physically, but you've always came out on top, and that's what you're going to do with this situation. You're gonna get over your feelings, get on your grind, make hella money and become an even bigger boss bitch than you already are now. I'm honored to be your friend." Shanta said before she kissed my forehead. I felt a little better now but I was still feeling hurt. I reached up to hug her before she turned on the tv to Little Women Of Atlanta, before I knew it. It was becoming light outside and that's all I saw before I felt my eyelids get heavy and I was fast asleep.