6. sea

Matty's arms were tangled around my waist, his hand resting on the top of my thigh which was covered in my thick grey woollen tights. I could barely feel it there. 

We rocked back and forth, Matty's body protecting mine from the oncoming rain. I wished I had gone back for my coat the night before. 

I stared off into the distance of the murky waters below. The waves crashed up against the wall just a few feet below us, I wished Matty was looking, but he was too busy savouring the scent of the perfume that was left over on my neck from the night before. 

He moved his hands from my thighs up to where mine were resting on the white metal rail. The paint was chipping off and flaking away onto my skin. 

"I don't want to be like a groupie or something." I admitted. 

Matty chuckled. 

"What's wrong with being a groupie?" he asked me, I shrugged. 

"The lack of importance." I replied simply.

He kissed my neck again. 

"We'd better get back in the van." he said. I nodded. 

We turned away from the waves and looked at where Matty's van was parked. 

I had expected some kind of tour bus, but Matty had told me they werem't big enough for buses yet. Besides, he had said, buses are overrated. 

George was sitting on the bonnet, smoking. He smirked at us as we approached him. 

"What were you two love birds chatting about?" he joked. I blushed and looked down at my mud covered converse style shoes. 

"Shut up and drive." Matty kicked George's shoe and laughed.

They grinned. George jumped off the bonnet and got into the van. 

Matty and I clambered in the back next to Adam, Matty buckled the both of us in and George started driving. 

George and Ross were in the from with their tour manager who wasn't saying much to me. In fact, nobody was.

Matty held my hand in his tightly and smiled at me, I smiled back, but it was forced.  

What was I doing. 

Fuck, fuck, fuck, fuck, fuck. Was all I was thinknig at that moment. I'd gone and messed my life up even more. It was one of those typical things that you heard from women, usually over forty, thinknig back to their younger years. 

They always told you about their dreams and aspirations. 'I wanted to be a Doctor.' or, 'I always dreamed of being a famouse sculpter...' they then told you that they had begun shaping thier lives out, then suddenly they meet a man who isn't exactly boyfriend material for someone who has their mind set on something big for their future. They get led off track by him, and before they know it, they had wasted their life. 

I pushed my head against the window and stared out at the passing trees and the very few other cars. 

"I forgot my coat. Well, no I knew I didn't have it... but I didn't go back inside my house to get it... just in case." I told Matty. He nodded his head and pressed his lips against the bridge of my nose. 

"You can borrow mine." he said. I smiled at him brightly. 

"But Matthew, is your's a light pink womens' size eight waterproof with a million pockets and pictures of turtles rolling around on their backs while holding umberella's all over it?" I asked him quiety. He laughed, probably at the thought of me wearing something like that. 

"No... thank god." he grinned at me and I laughed. 

"It's actually a really cute coat." 

At this moment George started swearing about the driver in front who had pulled out too early. 

"I bet it is." he replied. I smiled at him. 

I leaned against his chest, suddenly a lot happier than before. 

As we left the safety, or rather lack of, of Blackpool, my hometown that didn't make me feel at home at all, a weight lifted off my shoulders.

I was with my favourite person, leaving my least favourite place, the one place on earth that I considered to be completely toxic. 

It wasn't the way I had imagined it so many times before, but it was still happening.

Matty secured his arm around my back, his hand resting on my hip, he kissed the crown of my head.

I flinched as George turned some music on, Adam and Matty grinned at me.

"Welcome to the wonderful world of George's music taste. Which, luckily enough is pretty much the same as everyone else's." Adam chuckled. I laughed quietly.

"I don't mind," I said, then turned to Matty. "As long as I'm out of Blackpool and with Matty." I said under my breath. Matty smirked at me.

As we left Blackpool, I let out a sigh of relief that I had no idea I was holding onto. It was like I was no longer within the grasp of Margerate. I was safe again, and I soon fell asleep to the feeling of Matty's lips kissing every inch of my neck and face. 

------

a/n

i'd just like to say that i'm so happy about all of the support you guys have been giving me recently, and i wish i could update more often, and reply to your comments as well, but my computer is literally knackered. 

all of your comments mean so much to me and i literally wish i could print them all off and put them on my wall, but i can't, but y'know. that was a pretty shit analogy. analogy wasn't even the right word ffs. 

love you all <3