16. impulse

I sat on a spare amp backstage, just in the right space to watch Matty jumping around the stage.

"You're good for him, you know." Robert, their manager said to me. He sat down on the amp next to mine and I shrugged my shoulders softly, pulling Matty's leather jacket that he had wrapped around my shoulders before they went on stage. 

His lips still lingered on my skin. 

"Love you." he had whispered as he sucked and chewed gently on my collar bone. 

"I'm not sure. People seem to think I'm a distraction to him." I said, teraing the ends of my nails off with my teeth without really noticing. 

"You know," Robert said, watching them perform. "I've known them for a long time. Since they were about fifteen, and I've never seen Matty so smitten." he remarked, turning to me and chuckling. "He really loves you, Liz." 

"I love him too."

I said it because I felt like I needed to clarify it to the world. 

I wasn't with him because of his band. 

I wasn't with him for childish reasons. 

loved him, and he was the only person I felt at home with, even when home seemed further away than any place on earth. 

----

"Well done." I said to him as they walked off stage. He leaned down, out of breath, sweating, shirtless...

I pushed his hair up his face gently and kissed him. 

The crowd were still screaming at the top of their lungs, making my head spin slightly. Someone passed him a bottole of water and he opened it and swallowed several mouthfuls in a few seconds. 

"Do we have time to do an extra song?" George asked Robert who nodded his head. 

"If you want." Robert said. George turned to Matty, Adam and Ross who all shrugged. 

"Sure." they said. 

"Can we do Menswear?" Ross asked, they settled on it. 

George, Adam and Ross walked out first, and Matty was about to, but he ran back over to me. 

"What I'm about to do is stupid and impulsive." he said before grabbing my hand and pulling me in the direction of the stage. 

"Matty! No! No, I look awful-" 

Everyone was screaming. 

Not in a bad way, but they were literally just screaming for the guys. 

Matty squeezed my hand tightly as he walked towards the microphone, dragging me with him. 

"So..." he said, looking down at me and smiling. "This is my girlfriend, I love her, and this is Menswear." 

---

"I can't beleive you did that." I laughed a little bit as we walked off the stage, my legs shaking furiously beneath me. 

"Are you angry?" he asked. 

"No." I said, wrapping my arms around his neck and pulling his face down to mine and brushing my lips against his cheek momentarily. 

"So how was that?" he asked, I shrugged. 

"Different. But I'm definetly not cut out for that kind of stuff." We all began walking towards the exit of the venue. 

"Lizzy." Matty said as we walked outside, the cold air hitting my bare legs immediatly. 

I looked up and saw him holding his phone up to take a picture of me. 

"This is going on Twitter. If you're okay with that, that is..." he shrugged, showing me the photo. It wasn't the best, you couldn't see most of my face because I had moved when he took the photo, so it was blurred. It was also in black and white, so I doubted anyone who knew me would know it was me without studying it harshly. 

"Okay." I said, he held my hand. "What's up with all of the Lizzy revealing?" I asked, he shrugged. 

"I dunno, I just want the world to know your name." he showed me the photo once it had uploaded. It was titled 'My Lizzy.' 

I blushed slightly, looking down at my shoes then back up to him. 

"I think your fans want pictures with you." I said, pointing to the crowd gathering in the car park. 

"Come on then." he kissed my forehead gently. 

"I love you, Matty." 

"I love you too." 

---

UNEDITIED SORRY