26. taste

I held his hand. 

It felt clammy, limp and nervous. 

"Are you okay?" I asked him. 

"I'm fine." He answered. 

We were sitting on the kitchen floor in our underwear, listening to some of Matty's CDs. I wished I had brought mine with me, but I hadn't really thought he'd invite me to stay with him.

He began chewing on my neck. 

"What about you?" He asked me, gently rolling my skin between his teeth to create a small bruise. 

"I'm good." I choked on my words as his hair tangled with mine and the rough ends of it touched my collarbones. 

"A-are we good?" I asked under my breath. 

"I guess so." He pulled back and shrugged. 

I traced my fingers over the large tattoo occupying most of his chest, resting over his heart. 

"Should I get a tattoo?" I asked him. He shrugged. 

"What would you get?" He asked. I shrugged back at him in response. 

"I dunno. Your face. On my face." I smiled at him and started laughing at the thought of it. He laughed as well. 

"Don't waste your money and skin on me." He fanned his fingers through my hair. 

I ran my forefinger up and down the bridge of his nose. 

"What should I get then?" 

"A tree." Matty said. 

"A tree?" I asked. 

"A pine tree." He stated. "Right... here." He traced a triangular shape on the side panel of my black lace bra. 

I smiled at him and kissed his nose. 

"Okay." 

I wanted to cry.

---

Matty's POV 

I wanted to cry. 

She rested her forehead against my chest and I felt sick. 

I wanted this to end nicely, before we broke each other's hearts. 

I wanted to sing to her and I wanted to take her to visit my Mum and Brother, then I'd give her guitar back to her, because I'd taken it to Manchester with me when I left the house the day after Lizzy did. I wanted to spend as long as I could with her. 

I rubbed my eyes roughly and tried to pretend there was nothing wrong with what I was thinking about. 

I loved Lizzy. 

I loved her so much. 

Maybe we just needed a break. 

-----

Lizzy's POV

I wanted him. 

I wanted everything about him. 

I craved his eyes and the veins in his arms and neck and his voice and skin. 

But I don't think he ever felt that way about me, not truly. 

I kissed him again, with tongue, trailing back every now and again, just to get a taste of reality before I slipped completely.

--

unedited sorry <3