18. rain

"So," Matty said gently, wrapping his arms around my waist gently. "This is my flat." he said, his lips brushing my neck softly. 

"It's manly." I laughed, turning around and wrapping my arms around his neck. 

"I have a feeling it won't be anymore." he chuckled, kissing my forehead. 

I dropped my bag down on the floor and kissed his jawline, tracing lines with my lips between all of the microscopic freckles on his skin. 

"It's so weird that this time last year, we we're living in a tiny room in a shared house with four other people." I said. He chuckled and nodded his head. 

"It's so lonely here, though. I was sharing it with George, but he moved in with his girlfriend about two months before the tour started." 

"It won't be lonely now." I told him, even though I knew deep down that I was probably the only person in the world who could possibly make being alone more temping than being with me. 

Despite how much both of us really wanted to take each other's clothes off there and then and do nothing other than mess around, we ended up spending the rest of the day unpacking, putting clothes in the washing machine, eating various food that Matty had found lying around in the cupboards and watching films that weren't really all that. 

It was raining outside, but for once, inside, it was sunny. 

----

"Lizzy..." Matty grumbled as I began trying to drag him out of bed about three days after I had officially moved into his flat. 

"I told Adam we were going over there at one, it's half past now and I'm in my underwear, you're naked, we smell of... nasty things and we haven't eaten anything  yet." I fell forwards onto the bed, across the duvet that covered his legs. 

"Oh shit..." he groaned. 

"Don't worry. The bath is running." I sat up and leaned over him and kissed his lips gently. 

"Well we'd better go and catch it then." he winked at me before sitting up and wrapping his arms around me. 

"You idiot." I whispered in his hair as he scooped me up and carried me to the bathroom, both of us laughing into each other's skin. 

"You're gorgeous." he said, sitting me down on the edge of the bath and leaning over to turn the tap off. 

"So are you." I said under my breath as he unclasped my bra and I slipped my pants down my legs. He smirked at me before picking me up again despite my desperate giggles and placing me in the warm water. 

He got in and I re-positioned myself so that I was sitting between his legs. 

He brushed his toes against mine and I laughed quietly. 

After fifteen minutes of kissing and hugging and not washing, we got out of the bath smelling a lot better, and put our clothes on. 

We had a quick breakfast of a shared cigarette and mug of strong coffee and left the flat in a hurry. 

It took five minutes to walk to Adam's flat, but the cold rainy weather made it seem more like an hour. We walked inside the building and into the lift. I took my coat off and twisted my hair, trying to wring the water out of it. 

The lift got to the fifth floor and we walked out, hand in hand, walking at the same pace to Adam's flat.

Matty opened the door and we walked inside, my head resting on his shoulder.

Adam's flat smelled like weed and air freshener, which made me laugh quietly. 

"You took your time." Ross said to Matty, winking at him, I blushed but Matty seemed unphased by it. 

"Sorry, mate... we woke up late." Matty sat down next to George on the sofa, pulling me into his lap. 

"So, are we going to do this?" Adam asked, passing me a joint. I rolled me eyes at him with a grin on my face before taking a drag and passing it onto Matty. 

"Sure." Matty said, and before we knew it, we were outside again, getting soaked as Ross tried his best to start the van that was choking more than me when Matty and I first shared a cigarette.

Matty and I got in the back together with Adam and George got the passenger's seat. Before we knew it, we were on the way to anywhere other than London.