56. drunk

"Lizzy..." Sylvia shook me until I woke up, I groaned and looked at her. 

"What?" I squinted as I opened my eyes. 

"Your phone is-" 

Sylvia was interrupted by the sound of the intro to The City, blaring from my phone. 

"Don't call it a fight when you know it's a war. With nothing but your t-shirt on. And go sit on-" 

I scrambled up from my spot on the sofa, screeching as I grabbed my phone from the coffee table. 

I stared at the screen that had been lit up by two missed calls from George and one from Adam. 

"George and Adam..." I breathed out quietly. "They wouldn't have called so much so late at night if it wasn't-" 

"Just call them back." Sylvia snapped. I sighed and nodded my head softly before dialing Adam's number. 

I reached out and gripped Sylvia's forearm tightly, she didn't complain. 

"Lizzy!" 

Adam's voice pulled me out of the stagnant puddle of thoughts that I didn't know I had been sitting in for the past few weeks. 

"Adam...?" 

I chewed on my bottom lip. 

"Lizzy he's awake! Denise called George and we're all getting the train up there, George and Ross and John and me, obviously. So can you meet us at the station in about twenty minutes?" 

My eyes widened. 

"Oh my god." I whispered. 

"What's happened?" Sylvia asked me, gripping my arm now. 

"Oh my god." I repeated again, breaking into a smile. 

"Are you okay?" Adam asked me. 

"Yeah, yeah I'm great. I've never been better, oh my god. I'll see you there!" 

Adam and I both hung up and I turned to Sylvia and laughed, she grinned at me. 

"Oh my god." We both said at the same time, letting out a sigh of relief. 

---

Sylvia and I got a cab to the train station where we separated and I joined Adam, George, Ross and John, who were all pacing anxiously around the entrance of the station. 

I got out of the cab and said goodbye to Sylvia before shutting the door and walking over to the guys, holding my coat close to my frame to protect me from the chilly breeze. 

I rushed over to them in the cold and shoved my hands in my pockets as I approached, but took my right one out the second George passed his cigarette onto me. 

"Thanks." I breathed out quietly as I held it to my lips and took a long drag. 

"When's the train getting here?" I asked impatiently as I flicked the ashes on the concrete. I wanted to see him right that second. I regretted leaving. 

"In ten." John told me and handed me my ticket that I guessed they had bought before I arrived. 

So we waited in comfortable silence for ten minutes, before running through the train station to the platform. 

As we stepped onto the train, realisation hit me, I was going to see my boyfriend again.

I smiled for the entire journey, feeling more drunk on the idea of him than I could ever be on any alcohol.

-----

i'm shit ti was shit but i love you all thank you for your support. <3

there are abotu three chapters left (????)