57. hurt

I should really put a tirgger warning on these stories. Anyway, I guess this is a potential trigger warning? A few mentions of scars from abuse and the crash and stuff, and Lizzy getting upset about it. 

-----

"What time is it?" Ross asked me. I glaced at my watch and sighed. 

"Ten past four." I said, pushing my hair away from my face tiredly. 

"In the morning?" John asked. He was half asleep, his hair was everywhere. 

"Obviously." George said. 

We had been on the train for about two hours, and we were about an hour away from arriving at the station. 

Time seemed to be going way too slowly, but I suppose that was good, it was giving the alcohol a chance to wear off, I guess. 

I couldn't remember exactly when everyone figured out that I had drank quite a bit that night, but I had a feeling that it was somewhere in between when I managed to fall out of my seat and when I spilled my water all down my chest. 

John yawned and curled up a bit more. 

"Can you wake me up when we get there?" He asked me. I nodded my head and he shut his eyes tightly, leaning against my shoulder. 

I wanted to sleep as well, but it was too difficult, mainly because the thought of Matty being awake was constantly on my mind. 

I fixed my glasses on my nose as I peered down at the book I was trying to read, Paradise Lost, but again, I couldn't focus. I sighed as I shut the book and put it in my bag, along with my glasses. 

"What's wrong?" George asked me as I impatiently tapped my fingers in the side of the seat. 

"I dunno. I'm just really impatient." I admitted, he nodded his head. 

"Try to sleep." He said to me. I sighed and nodded. "I'll wake you up when we get there." 

I knew I couldn't sleep, but the alternative of making awkward small talk with George for the next hour was too much, so I leaned against John's sleeping form and shut my eyes. I wondered if John was really sleeping or if he was just pretending like me. 

---

"Lizzy, wake up." John shook me awake. I almost laughed, I'd actually managed to sleep. 

I looked up at him and yawned. 

"What time is it?" I asked. 

"Half five." He told me. I sighed and watched out of the window as the train pulled to a halt at the platform. 

"Let's place a bet on how cold it's gonna be when we get out." Adam groaned, shivering just at the thought of it. 

The doors opened and the few people who were on the train other than us left, then we followed groggily. 

As I stepped out of the train, the cold morning air hit my face, stinging my tired eyes. 

I pushed my hands deep into my pockets again and looked at Ross who looked even colder than me, he was only wearing jeans and a shirt, I had no idea why, I guessed that he jsut heard the news and left wherever he was immediatly without bothering to grab anything warmer. 

He shivered and groaned. 

"Does anyone want a coffee while we wait for the taxi?" He asked, clearly hoping for a chance to be inside for longer than neccesary. 

---

"We're here to see Matthew Healy." George said to the lady on the desk, literally the minute we arrived at the hospital.