Chapter 30: The killer

Hermione was beyond glad now that she can return to school. First-year students ran the hallway as she passes them.

Despite the sudden return to school, Hermione felt there is something she had missed but she doesn't what it is.

A feeling that she should have done it but don't know what it is.

"Hermione", called Archon from behind.

"Archon it's nice to see you again", greet Hermione.

"Mind if I walk with you?"

"Of course"

While walking Hermione students talking in the hallway when he heard a somehow familiar name.

"Have you already heard?"

"Of course we did"

"Who knew it was Rubeus pet who terrorized the school"

Hermione stops on her track and looks at the group of Hufflepop.

"What did you say about the boy name Hagrid?", Hermione ask. Somehow there was a heavy feeling inside her that she could not understand.

"You don't know?"

"It was Rubeus pet who terrorized the school, an acromantula"

It doesn't make sense. She knows that there is something wrong.

"Rubeus? Professor Hagrid son?", ask Archon.

"Yes that's him, the professor said his son has nothing to do with it, poor professor"

Archon looks at Hermione. Hermione clutches her chest.

"Don't think about it Hermione, you are a talented witch regardless of what bigoted people say about Muggle-born status"

A sudden voice in her head said. A glimpse of her past. Hermione nearly loses her consciousness, luckily Archon is beside her that catches her quickly.

"Are you okay", ask Archon worriedly.

"I'm fine", she stands and tried to stand up properly.

"luckily Tom had found out quickly if not for sure we all still in danger", said the other students that made Hermione shock.

'Heir of Salazar Slytherin'

'The chamber of Secret'

Her head suddenly felt pain. Archon notice Hermione's behavior.

"Why don't you go to the infirmary Hermione", suggest Archon.

"What's wrong?", called the voice, not from afar. It was from Tom.

"Tom I heard you're a new hero of school", Archon said as Tom walks towards them. He looks at Hermione and notices how Archon held her in his arms.

"That's nothing, you don't look well Hermione", Tom said trying to divert the talk.

The truth is that he wanted to ask why Archon hold her like that.

"Nothing, just a slight headache", she said.

"Then you should really go to the infirmary. I'll take you now there", Archon said and grab Hermione.

Tom watches the two walk away from the distance. He clutches his hands while watching the two.

Jealousy, that is what he felt right now but he tried not to let those emotions take him but why?

Why does it feel it's getting more painful and heavy as he tried to force away those emotions?