Chapter 24: The first victim

Maine, a muggle-born from Hufflepop was washing her face in the girls' bathroom when she heard a hiss.  She looks around her but didn't see anything. She gets back washing her face when she rise her head and looks at the mirror. Yellow eyes staring back at her. Fear takes over her being as she froze where she stands.

Hermione holds many books in her hands while Myrtel holds the others.

"Where in the bloody hell you will put this book?", ask Myrtel.

All the books were actually Hermione possession but since her mini-library in her bag and in her closet are full she decided to put them in the library which made Professor Slughorn jump in happiness. After all, Hermione books that she donates were a special edition and there are no books like she has in the Hogwarts library.

When they arrive they put all the books above the table while the librarian arranges them and writes them on her records.

"Hogwarts thank you ms. Perquiry, all these books are hard to find nowadays, are you sure you really just give this away?", ask the librarian.

Like what the librarian said the books she donates are hard to find. It will take years to wait for other publications but of course, Hermione didn't mind. Why?

Because she has another copy back on their mansion.

"It's fine ms.", she said politely when they heard a scream throughout the hall.

Hermione and Myrtel ran where the scream came from. When they arrive a lot of students and teachers wherein the girl's bathroom.

"Hermione", it was Archon who first called him.

"Archon what happened?", Hermione asked. She wants to get in but there are a lot of students in the way.

"Mud..", Archon saw a person beside Hermione.

"Muggles dead, well not really but petrified they said", Abrax explains.

Basilisk...

A strange voice in her head said.

"Students and teachers please go back to your respective classroom and for safety, I advise that all students must not go alone while inside or outside in Hogwarts, for the meantime please be careful we don't know what attack our dear students. We already called the authority to take these matters"

The purge of muggles just begun...

There it is again, a voice in her head. Hermione looks around her to know who was speaking.

"Hermione are you okay", ask Myrtel.

"I'm fine", she said.

Tom looks worried but deep inside he was smiling like a devil. He was talking to the headmaster when Hermione took a glance at him.

Later that night the incident reaches out Perquiry. Thought the school hasn't advice every student to leave or close Hogwarts yet Perquiry took precaution and send letter to pick up her daughter.

Hermione read the letter in her hands.

The Authority must have sensed danger for every student in Hogwarts.

In the original timeline, the Authority close the school when Myrtel dies but this time it was not Myrtel who died.

Hermione put her mother's letters on her box along with the others.

"Lucky prepare my things, moms want us to go home", said Hermione to Lucky and leave her.

Hermione was walking alone in the dark hall and watch as the crescent moonshine below the earth.

The chamber of Secret...

The heir of Salazar Slytherin...

There it is again, a voice. She looks around and didn't see anything when a hand touches her shoulder from behind.

"Tom..you almost shock me to death", Hermione said. Tom looks at her.

"You just broke a rules again Hermione and may I remind you that going alone in the hall is dangerous"

"Then why are you alone too, Tom?"

"I'm a prefect"

"But it is advisable to every student not go alone"

If only you knew Hermione

"So?", Tom asks challenging her.

"May I accompany, I can't sleep", Hermione said giving Tom a puppy eyes.

"Do I have a choice? you are one stubborn witch anyway", he said while smiling at her.

Did I just smile?

He asks himself. Hermione walk beside him quietly when Hermione remembers something.

"So tomorrow students are advised to go home, I was thinking if you could come with me to New York", said Hermione which made Tom confuse.

"For what?"

"Well mom said I could bring friends, I ask Myrtel but she said she wants to see her parent, I want to ask Archon but I don't have a chance, so I ask you instead"

"I can't, I still have many things to do Hermione", he said.

"It will take just two days Tom and maybe you could find someone in MACUSA", Tom stops on his tract and look at Hermione.

"So?"

"Fine but only for two days"