Chapter 4.32 - White - Undead

I honestly couldn't believe myself after knowing who was that black and white dragon. There's really no way I can lie to myself especially when it's Zenith herself. So this is what the old Zenith felt when she saw me turn into a humanoid monster. I never realized how intense it can get for anyone else watching my fight against the other Champions of Chaos.

I feel like the new Zenith was innocent in all of this. She wasn't supposed to be involved in this at all. This was mostly something that was left behind by the old calm and collected Zenith. I don't really blame her though. Because I'm in the same situation as she does right now. We both ate a Dragon Infinitum Crystal and we both had inherited a dragon inside of us. That also goes the same way for Lala, I assume. When I look at Zenith in her dragon state, I feel like she was in pain. I feel like she didn't want it to happen. I assume that Lord Crescendo had something to do with this...The last time I tried to fight a dragon, it was with the help of a device that commands a dragon. So I didn't really beat a dragon to begin with.

"Looks like I have to some power, huh..." I talked to myself.

Lala then heard me and said, "You don't have to, White."

"What are you talking about, Lala? Zenith's in trouble. We need to do something about her."

She told me, "Listen, White. I don't think you can stomach the fact that you are hurting Zenith. Isn't she supposed to be your partner? Don't you feel remorse if you did a mistake and actually ending up killing her?"

My heart skips a beat as I listened to Lala. I replied, "But there's no other way...I can subdue her at least..."

"No, White. You are not alone. I am here. Your sister is here." She suddenly blurted out those words.

"Sister?"

Lala covered her mouth with her hand and then said to me, "Did I say that? Technically we aren't related at all. But...Well...in any case. Listen up, how about you let me do this. I'll handle Zenith while you take on Lord Crescendo himself. Get some answers as well. You can do that, right?"

Considering that she is my Cardinal, I think I can trust her on that. I nodded my head as we parted our ways. I walked toward Lord Crescendo as he respectfully waited for me.

Lord Crescendo said to me, "So you decided to let the girl have their fight. Smart decision. There's no way you can hurt someone you love."

"Of course I can't and I will never do so. That's just not who I am." I told him.

"Before you ask, yes. I forced the dragon to come out of her. I intend to use her for my own selfish rights."

I lightly laughed, "Selfish rights, huh? At least you are more self aware than some of the other Chaos Champions I faced."

"You probably meant, Silverbite." figured Lord Crescendo. "He's a bit of a loon among us. He is the youngest."

"Well that's news to me. How many of you guys are there?"

Lord Crescendo simply gave me a simple question, "How many fingers do you have?"

I quickly understood what he meant, "I see...So there's six of you left?"

"Six of us left? I guess so...I can't really tell from all of that time jumping through many different hoops just to get here."

I asked him, "What do you mean?"

"You'll understand...in time. But now will not be it. Because now, your story ends here!" he pulled in another barrage of bricks toward me using his levitation magic.

I used Pause and was able to get away from the target range. I was able to get behind Crescendo thanks to my Blink ability. However, I can't put much more energy to hold on to my Pause. But once my Pause limit was over, I tried my best to land a strike to him. But my body suddenly stopped. It felt like there was a force preventing me from hitting him at all.

"You probably think that attacking me from behind would be a good idea, huh?" Lord Crescendo knew my intention. "And you now realize it's a bad idea. Well too bad, Cyclone White. Because you won't even be able to touch me!"

He waves his left hand away as I was immediately thrown away from him. It felt like Crescendo had an invisible spring all over his body, preventing me from getting near him at all. I tried to do the same trick and the same thing happened again except this time, he threw me way above to the sky. I crashed down to the roof the tower. It hurts a damn lot. I crawled and looked down and saw Lord Crescendo floating and making his way toward me.

While all of this was happening, I saw Lala was approaching Dragon Zenith. She was not flinching at all. She was determined.

"Zenith..." Lala tried to talk to Zenith. "You probably can't even understand what I'm saying with that undead looking dragon taking over you. But I'm beginning to understand what happened back in the Spirit Realm."

The Hell Dragon roars. Lala remained in her place as calm as ever.

Lala then explained, "The Spirit Realm is not just a place where all of the dead has to go through first. It's also a place where wizards like us can interact with those that was already gone from this world. But not many souls can be successful, thus becoming a lost soul. I happen to get help from not only my Guardian Spirit, but also help from a dragon..."

Lala's eye started glow gold.

"It's name is Aker. A dragon in the far east who bounds and chains its enemy while allowing its ally to pass through their ordeal...It now resides within me."

TO BE CONTINUED