Chapter 4.4 - Zenith - Unlikely Twins

We've been walking around the campus for hours and it's already lunchtime. We haven't found anyone yet from our class to join us. But we decided to take a break and ate lunch. We came across a food truck and decided to buy something from that. I decided to get two plates of spaghetti. Why two? Don't bother asking, I just like eating a lot. Don't tell that to White. He might stop giving me free foods because of it.

"So you always eat this much, Zenith?" Nis questioned my food intake.

"I do." I responded as soon as I finished slurping a portion of the spaghetti.

"Does White know about this?"

"He already saw me eat a bunch of food in a single meal, Nis. I'm surprised that he's still able to give me some free food sometimes."

Nis then responded by saying, "Well I'm more surprised of how your body works. Aren't you getting fat with all of that food?"

I shake my head and replied, "Nope. I don't really know where all that fat went to really. It's just how fast my stomach processed it, I guess."

"How lucky of you." Nis sounded a bit jealous from the way she said that. "I still don't get how you would end up hanging out with White. I though he was with that girl, Yumiko or something."

"Yumiko?" I replied to Nis, "He said that she's his enemy. I don't know what that really means because I see them talk like what a normal friend would do."

"So they're rivals?" Nis figured.

I shrugged my elbow and said, "Maybe. I'm fine with Yumiko though. She's now my patron."

Nis then asked, "Patron? What do you mean?"

I explained to her, "I'm a gunsmith, right? I also make bullets and Yumiko just happens to be a customer who needs a surplus amount of specially made bullet. That's where our relationship kinda start."

Nis finally understood, "I see. So she's your customer."

"Well..." I shyly said, "We're kinda friends, I guess? We've been talking a lot recently."

"About what exactly?"

"Well..."

But before I was able to say anything else, something else happened that made me forget what was I about to say. Suddenly something just fell from the sky near us. It was like a meteorite just hit the ground. Except that it wasn't a meteorite, of course. But it did crashed down and destroyed a small part of the road pavement near us. It was a girl. A blonde girl was wearing a what seemed to be a high school girl would wear. She has that white shirt and a dark uniform over it, pleated skirt and also a white knee high socks. She's not really a high school girl, of course.

In fact that's actually our classmates. Her name is Lailah Silver. One thing to really distinguish her between anyone else was her golden blonde hair. It was very pristine whenever the sun shines on it. Like an angel hair or something. With that have been said, she just fell down from the sky and I almost though that an angel just fell because of how Lailah looked like. But it was just her. So what happened?

Nis then told me, "Looks like those two are fighting again...I wonder what is it this time..."

Nis mentioned another individual exist in this moment and as a matter of fact it was. It wasn't a nobody, it was someone very close to Lailah. I forgot to mention that Lailah has a twin. Yes, this other person was her twin sister. She was floating above the ground. And from what Nis said, they were in a fight. She also wears a similar looking outfit like Lailah. The difference was that she had a dark black hair as well as black knee socks. She is Lilith Silver.

"It's over Lailah! I'm way higher than you now! Just give it up!" Lilith was still floating as she said that.

And thanks to my optimism, I ended up interrupting their fight.

"Hey guys, what's up?" I talked to them.

Lailah and Lilith then responded to us at the same time, "Hi, Zenith."

Lilith then said, "As you have saw, we were fighting and Lailah just lost the fight."

Lailah then countered, "I haven't surrendered yet, Lilith!"

Then I said, "Well what were you two fighting about, anyway?"

"Well..." Lailah then explained the situation as Lilith slowly landed to the ground, "We were deciding on what should we eat."

I suggested them, "Oh? Then what about eating something from that food truck?"

Lilith then sighed and said, "You know what, I think that's fair enough. Don't you think so, Lailah?"

Lailah nodded, "Yeah. Perhaps we really need that third opinion from someone else."

Nis then barged in threw that topic away by asking them, "Hey are you two still haven't been picked for the Music Festival group?"

Lilith then shakes her head, "Not yet. But I've been considered to join with Cyclone White. Dude's had a ton of interesting adventures from what that blondie Yumiko had told me."

Then I told her, "Oh, White's in our group."

"He is?" Lailah sounded interested, "I've been meaning to ask him about something, actually."

"I guess that's a yes from you two then!" Nis instantly decided their decision.

Well then, that went by very fast to say the least. My enthusiasm kinda saved the day. But I'm starting to see a pattern here...Why is everyone seemed to have some interest with White. I have several questions...and that's who we're going to see after this.

TO BE CONTINUED