Chapter 4.8 - Lala - In The Meantime

Our job was as simple as it gets, document everything that happened throughout the event. I had to admit one thing from all of this however. The fact that Sam Maximus of the Administration Magic was the one who made this event possible means that she has the most power in this entire event. She used that responsibility to the best of her ability to make sure this event goes smoothly. But even though the lecturers told us that this a collaborative effort between all classes, I can't help but realize that The Magic Studies class seemed to be the leftovers in all of this.

 But even though the lecturers told us that this a collaborative effort between all classes, I can't help but realize that The Magic Studies class seemed to be the leftovers in all of this

Everyone else from the other classes had a big part in this event but for some reason, my class only get a small duty for us all. To be frank, this kind of duty does not need to have this many people in it. I don't know what Sam was thinking but I feel like she was just undermining me after what happened last semester...But despite that however, something interesting sparked up for us all.

"Lala, how are your classmates doing?" Sam Maximus makes her appearance before me.

I responded, "Their doing fine. It's not really a hard job to document something."

"Is that so? Well then I have good news for you. Especially for you who are in The Indie Area."

"What do you mean by that?"

Sam then begin to explain, "You see, we have a lot of guest coming to The Music Festival. This doesn't just include the performers by the way. We also have people from with a higher status than us fellow students. So I'm here to inform you that one of our guest happen to be wanting to take a stroll around The Indie Area especially."

Without much information, I took a guess, "Let's see...This guest is a VIP, I presume. And you want us to keep an eye on them?"

"Kinda like that, except you guys have to be their personal guards for them."

"If they are a VIP why don't they have their own bodyguard?" I wondered.

Sam then told me, "That's because the VIP simply requested that someone around their age will be handling that duty throughout the event. So, can you team do that?" Sam was as intimidating as she ever was.

I had to oblige and say, "Sure...but who are the VIP?"

Sam then berated me, "Don't you 'sure...' at me. This VIP are more than just a normal VIP. They are from a royal family, mind you."

"Someone from a royal family? Which one?" I asked.

"Do you happen to know about The Royal Family of Symphonile?"

"Symphonile? I think I heard of them before...They are an age old royal family ever way before Crestia's independence. They were known back then as a royal family that loves and plays music. But that's not the case anymore when anyone talented can be a performer these days..."

Sam applaud my knowledge, "Looks like you've done your research well, Lala."

"But I thought all small royal families have been abolished after the enactment that the government as well as the royalties signed decades ago."

"You are certainly right, Lala. The VIP isn't really from a royal family anymore. But, they are descendants of a great royal family. Plus, The Symphonile is the perfect guest for The Music Festival."

"I see...So all we have to do is just take care of them, right?"

"Of course that's it. But to make your work easier. You won't be guarding the whole family of course. You guys will only take care of two VIPs. I'll handle the other VIPs considering that only two of those are interested in The Indie Area. Got all that?"

"I got it. So who are they?"

"You know when they arrive." and with that, Sam leaves me to my own device.

After contacting to my fellow group mates about what happened, they willingly agreed to help out.

"So when are they going to come anyway?" Diane who was paired up with me wondered.

"I don't really know. Guest could come anytime. And besides, we're just going to be their bodyguard. Nothing else."

"I see...Hey do you think among those two there would be a handsome dude? Like the prince of the family perhaps?" Diane squealed.

"I honestly don't care really. They are probably a problematic child considering that they don't want to follow their other family members."

"Do you despise the royalty or something?" asked Diane.

I answered to her, "I don't despise them. It's just that whenever I was reminded of royalty I would always think of a leader. And whenever I think of a leader, there's Sam Maximus. She's not really to my liking but I have to bear with it for a while."

"But aren't you a leader as well? You're our Cardinal for goodness sake." Diane tried to cheer me up.

I slowly smiled back at her and said, "Yeah, I think you are right. I should take it easy with all of this. It's not like it's going to be a big problem for us. We're just going to take care of two VIPs that happens to be descendants of an already abolished royal family."

Just as we finished talking, the sound of fanfare can be heard nearby. I figured it was the VIPs finally arriving and I end up guessing correctly. After taking a peek at who we are going to be guarding, I notice that it was a girl and a boy. Both of them were about the same age as us, I bet. In any case, I have to introduce myself to them...

TO BE CONTINUED