Chapter 3.22 - Fitz - Silver Haired Girl

As I was searching around the city for the whereabouts of Yumiko, I stumble upon a rather suspicious looking little girl. Why she was suspicious? It's because she was on the rooftop. No other ordinary people should be hanging around the rooftop. Especially when they are alone. It just make things more suspicious.

"What's going on here, little girl?"

The girl seemed to be flustered from my question. She also seemed afraid.

I tried to calm her down, "Hey come on. It's alright. I'm not gonna hurt you. I'm just wondering why a silver haired little girl like you would be doing up top the rooftop."

As I was talking to her, I also heard a loud noise coming from the Trading Association. Something happened. And it might be related to The Fox Gang.

"What is going on in that building?" I shake my head. As I was about to turn my head back to the little girl, I saw the girl began to run away from me as she jumped onto another roof. "Hey! Hold on!"

I gave chase and tried to reach for her. But I was extremely surprise of how quick and agile that little girl was. She was able to make difficult jumps as if she was already an adult. Even I could do it but then again, it's not like I'm an adult yet. I'm more of a young adult...I think.

In any case, we jumped from rooftop to rooftop until the little girl finally came to a stop as she finally ran out of rooftop to jump on. She looked back at me in fear as I slowly approached her.

"Now then. You wouldn't run if you did anything wrong. So why did you run from me? I'm just trying to help." I gave her a reassuring smile.

The girl then suddenly smirked and pushes me away. She then made a leap of faith behind her back and fell down from the building we were on. The little girl didn't even gave a second thought whether she should jump or not. But still, whatever she did was very dangerous for a kid of her size. But, I was continued to be surprised as I noticed that she landed safely on top of a soft old mattress that was lying around down there.

"That girl is pretty smart..." I then followed her action and made it to the ground without a hitch.

Just as I regained my bearings, I realize that I have been outsmarted by a little girl. We're already at a very crowded place. Of course she would run over here. The whole place was crowded with people buying wares left and right. The only clue I got to find her was that significantly attractive silver hair of hers. And as I looked around the marketplace, I noticed small silver haired girl looking around the marketplace.

I also noticed something else, "Huh, she even decided to change her clothing and hairstyle. That was fast. It's probably a spell of some sort."

I quickly made my way to her and grabbed her arm.

"Hey what's the big idea? What's going on!" The girl retaliate as I tried to drag her away from the streets.

I replied to her, "You think I would be fooled by that disguise of yours? You can't hide yourself especially when your hair colour is that different from anyone else here."

"What are you talking about? Do you know me?" The girl was very confuse.

Then all of a sudden, a small little fairy suddenly appeared from her bag.

"A fairy?"

Let's just say a few moments have passed as we skip ahead to where I brought both the little girl and her fairy back to my shack.

"Hey, White." I greeted White and asked him, "You know these two? They told me that they were looking for you. Cyclone White."

White looked at the two new people that entered my shack and confirmed it for me, "I know those two. And that little critter over there is my uh...pet, I guess?"

"I'm not a pet, White!" Recordia was furious as she hit White's head with the book she was riding on.

"Ouch..." White sarcastically felt the pain from the book. But then he noticed something, "Wait a minute...Are you really Recordia? You don't seem to talk like you used to..."

Then the short girl interrupted, "Of course she's Recordia!"

White then wondered, "Zenith? What do you mean?"

Zenith. Recordia. So this are the two people that called him when we had that lunch. So I can be safe to assume that these two are his friends and they pose no threat at all. But why is he even befriending with a little girl, anyway? I have some questionings to do about this...

The girl named Zenith then replied to White, "I updated her hardware."

"Updated her? What do you mean? She's a living, breathing...thing. She's not an item." White doesn't fully understand what was going on.

Zenith then explained, "But she is made out of Infinitum energy, right? So I fixed her. I even increased the speed of her search ability. The only problem remain is that she still talks in third person..."

"Recordia is glad that White is safe!" Recordia proceeds to hug him at his shoulder.

But then, I quickly interrupted them, "Hold on just a second, White. Why are you friends with such a young looking girl over here? She should be in her high school don't you think?"

White then sighed, "Fitz...I think you're thinking too hard..."

Zenith then snickered.

I was confused, "What? What's wrong? Did I say something?"

Zenith then laughed at me as she said, "I'm the same age as White, Fitz."

"What...? But you're...so short..."

"What's the difference with me and White's height?" She then pointed out one thing.

I took a moment comparing both of them and nodded. White then lightly punched my shoulder with an annoyed expression on his face. Okay, I see what's going on now. At least one thing problem was solved. Now on to the other one.

"So why did you disguise yourself and ran away from me, Zenith?" I asked her.

"What are you talking about? I came her dressed like this. Am I right, Recordia?"

Recordia happily flies around with her book and said, "Yup! Recordia can confirm! Recordia never lie!"

I sat down on a chair and said, "Then who did I chased...?"

"Does this other girl have the same feature as Zenith?" White asked.

"Yes."

"Then it's probably Yumiko..."

"You sure about that?"

"I know her too well. And she's probably disguising as the old Zenith that I once knew. Not this new and smart girl I'm looking at right now..."

So, I guess I missed my chance. I could have gotten Yumiko right where I wanted her. But I let her slip away with her trickery. I'll get her next time and that's a promise!

TO BE CONTINUED