Chapter 4.10 - Emerald - Always on My Mind

As I remained to myself strolling around the section that I was stationed for. I can't help myself from thinking what's going on with Helena. She was paired up with Lilith for goodness sake. Lilith is a vulgar kind of person as far as I can tell. I don't trust her at all to be pairing up with my friend. Last time I heard from Lilith's sister, Lailah, Lilith used to bully a lot of her acquaintances back during high school. It's always Lailah who had to pick up the pieces. Considering that Helena is a very timid girl, I am very concerned over what might happen between those two.

I would go and see what's up with them but I can't get away from a single annoyance that won't even let me take a peek at Helena. I was talking about Nis, of course. She was so adamant at preventing me from seeing Helena.

"Let her grow, Emerald!" said Nis as we were patrolling around the section.

"There is no way she's growing if she's hanging out with a devil like Lilith." I growled.

Nis then replied, "Oh come on, Emerald. Can you stop being over reliant for Helena? She's going to be more of a doormat if you keep her to yourself all the time. You don't want her to be like that, right?"

She made a great rebuttal. I really couldn't figure out any other thing to counter her with. I kept quite and gave up for the time being. Despite the cheery aspect of Nis, I didn't expect her to be the smart one. I guess that's what optimism mean. But I still couldn't stop thinking about whatever Lilith could do to Helena. I just couldn't stop thinking about her. She's always on my mind.

I still remember when she was all alone looking all over the classroom wondering if she's in the right place or not during our first ever class. I spotted her from afar after realizing that the seat next to her was empty. I only sat next to her because I figured that she won't bother me at all. What ended up was us forging a bond. I'm still not sure if the bond we're having right now was neatly tight like anyone else around the classroom. I can't help but crack a smile when I remind myself of the time when Helena was trying to get a meal that she wanted so much. She always fumbles all over the place as she kept looking around to see if nobody was around. Except the food stall was filled to the brim. I ended up buying the food that she wanted and that's how it goes all the time.

 I ended up buying the food that she wanted and that's how it goes all the time

It's always me taking care of Helena exterior well being. She's alright when she's inside her room. But whenever she's outside. It's a whole different world. That's where I come in. But what does she think about me? I think she seems to trust me enough to let me help her out. But that's just what I think. I don't really know what she thinks of me.

Nis then suddenly asked me, "Hey, have you seen The Prince and The Princess yet, Emerald?"

I responded to her by saying, "I think I saw them several minutes ago. White were escorting them if I'm not mistaken."

"Why did you not told me when you saw them? We could introduce ourselves to them, you know."

"Eh..." I scowled to myself then told her, "I don't think they will even care about us. They are from the royalty, darn it."

"You told me that White was with them...Was Zenith there as well?"

"Now that you asked me. I don't think that little runt was with him. Where is she? Isn't she supposed to be with White?"

Nis then wondered for a moment and then said to me, "Do you think something happened to her?"

"Do I look like someone that knows about someone else well being?"

She then said, "But you do seem to care about Helena, though."

"Alright you got me there. I don't really know what happened to the girl but perhaps she might be resting somewhere."

"Why do you think so?" asked Nis.

"Because she's a gunsmith and I saw her last night still mastering her craft at her workshop."

"That girl is a hard worker that's for sure..."

Then all of sudden a girl asked us, "Excuse me, do you guys know a way to the rooftop of that building?" The girl pointed toward the class building.

I replied to her, "I don't think it's accessible for guests."

"Don't you know who I am? I am Princess Sonata and I order you to do so!"

"Wait what?" I was completely caught by surprise.

But Nis was quick to react, "Come this way!"

Nis immediately lead her to the rooftop of the building. As they left me behind, shocking at what just happened, I finally realized one big thing.

"Hold on, The Princess? Why isn't she with The Prince and White? And why is she going to the rooftop?"

One thing transpired, another matter appeared, this time it was Zenith finally showing up. She saw me and asked,

"Hey Emerald. Have you seen White?" She looked like she has a headache or two.

"You don't seem like you're able to do anything right now, Zenith. Why don't you take a rest?"

"No, I have to tell White..." she immediately fell down to the floor.

"Zen!" I managed to grab her before she fell. "What is it? What are you talking about?"

"White's in trouble..." She couldn't properly say what she wanted.

"What do you mean, Zen?!" I try to understand the situation but there doesn't seem to have any hope.

Now I'm stuck between a rock and a hard place. Why? Because for one, I think The Princess just ran away from the Prince. And the other thing was that White is apparently in trouble. If I put two and two together I think he is in trouble for not watching over The Princess...But for some odd reason, I don't think that's what Zenith was trying to say...

"Who should I run to now? The Princess...or White?" I talked to myself.

It's not over when it's over. Immediately, Helena appeared together with Lilith.

Helena told me, "Emmy! Have you seen Lala? We need her now! The guests could be in trouble!"

I thought missing out Helena could make me panic. I didn't expect three different problem at once could make me go crazy...I laid Zenith down to rest as we made our way toward wherever Lala could be to tell her about EVERYTHING that just transpired. What the hell is going on...?

TO BE CONTINUED