Chapter 3.19 - Fitz - The Last Few of His Kind

"Are you really ready to hear about the good news I got for you?" I asked White.

White replied, "Of course, I do. Can you finally confirm our suspicion?"

"Very well..." I nodded, "I'll tell you what I got..."

It all started this morning once I finally gotten out of the shack and begin my search for the whereabouts of Silverbite. I went into the hunter's guild in hopes of Silverbite being there waiting for an opportunity. Just as I expected, sitting by himself at one of the tables in the guild. At first, I wanted to just spy on him but I figured that I probably won't get a lot of information just from looking at him. So instead, I confronted him.

"Hey, Silverbite. Still hunting for that girl, Yumiko and his little friend?"

Surprisingly to me, Silverbite was willing enough to talk to me, "Fitz Triangulum...What about you? Got any leads?"

"Hey, I'm not going to tell my competitor what I know about my prey. You would do the same thing as well right?" I sat down on one of the chairs at the table.

"Of course."

I had been talking with him before this but not in such a way that I was interested in him. Before this, we only talked business and that was it but now time was off the essence as I need to find some evidence whether he could be a big threat for the city or not. Upon closer inspection, the guy was still wearing his dark brown hooded cloak along with some kind of mask to cover his face.

"Say, Silverbite...Why do you wear that mask? You got any history with your face or something?" I just went in bluntly just like any other bounty hunters would do.

From the way he looked at me behind that mask, he might be glaring at me and said, "Why do you even need to know that? It's non of your concern..."

"Let me guess...You don't want someone to know who you are, is that it?"

He was a bit slow to response or perhaps he was thinking. But he finally did replied and said, "Let's just say you are correct. But it is not exactly as you would expect it would be..."

"Oh? So what is it then?"

"I can't tell you much but imagine this..." It seemed that Silverbite was willing enough to tell him about himself for the first time. "There was once a vile family created by a single leader. It was a marriage between two different family. A hybrid, perhaps. They collectively called themselves a 'pack'. Through that marriage, they have combined the best of both family and turn it into one of the ultimate beings."

I was intrigue by the way he was telling his story, calm and collected. Just like a narrator. I really didn't expected this kind of tone from a person like Silverbite.

He continued, "But there was one problem. The pack will always be hunted down by everyone else outside of their home because of how vile they are towards them. Yes, they did horrible things to other people. But they only did that to survive. It was their instinct. It got even worse when the outsiders decided to barge into the packs home and hunt down every single last one of them. All because of how different they are."

"Hey, are you comfortable telling me this? Because I kind of seeing where this is going..."

I tried to be a bit respectful to him.

He replied, "It's alright. I feel like it's almost time for me to tell you this..."

"And why is that?"

"It's because those packs we're my family...They invaded our homeland and hunted down all of us. Most of my family didn't make it alive but I was lucky enough to hide away from them thanks to my family for slowing them down."

"And then what?"

"And then...I realized that I might be the last few of my kind..."

I could tell that his words was filled with hatred as he told me his story...

He then told me, "So I decided to cast away myself from everyone in the world until one day I met a person that I would later call him as my own teacher...He was the one who raised me until I was ready."

"Ready for what?"

"Ready for an opportunity...for revenge."

"I see...A lot of bounty hunters here seemed to have their own motivations, that includes revenge as well of course..." I began to remember about my own motivations for doing my bounty hunting jobs. Then I said to him, "Where's your teacher now?"

"I don't know. But he did gave me this, this gauntlet..." He showed me his chaotic looking gauntlet. "It was a gift from my teacher. He gave it to me so that I could harness all the blood of those stopping me and turn it into my own hope. I will do everything I will in order to exact my revenge. And it starts...with collecting all the golds and bounties..."

"Why do you need gold besides food?"

"I still have one more task from my teacher and I wish to abide by it."

"And you aren't going to tell me this, right?"

As I was waiting for an answer, both of us noticed that someone was waiting for him outside...

He then scowled, "I think this conversation is over, Fitz...I have some other business to attend to."

"Very well..." I gladly said my farewell to him as he leaves the guild.

I wanted to follow him but I feel like those other people that were waiting for him might be on to me. So I decided to give up. Plus, it was near lunch already. And so that's what I got from Silverbite. From what he told me, it has proven to us one thing. That gauntlet of his was given from someone he calls a 'teacher'. It's the same kind of story like what happened to Escher...I can now clearly say that Silverbite is in fact, a Chaos Champion...

TO BE CONTINUED