Chapter 3.24 - Zenith - A Different Person

White was finally able to say what he has been keeping away from myself. I'm glad he did that. Because for one, I don't truly remember exactly what kind of relationship I have with White. But ever since he told me that night, I can finally tell how it was between White and the old Zenith.

"I can see how much you care for me, White." I told him.

"Of course. You were the first one to approach me during our first semester. You asked me a question."

I laughed a bit and said, "And what kind of question did I ask you?"

"You asked me what was my favourite colour."

"And what did you say?"

He chuckled and said, "I wasn't able to tell you. You walked away right before I was about to answer."

"I didn't know I was like that back then." I giggled at how the old Zenith was like.

White then said, "Well you were a bit cold. And now...you are...warm. I think it's for the better."

Then suddenly, I asked him something, "Hey White. Does calling me Zenith always makes you worried about all the memories you've made with the old me?"

White stared blankly to the ground and said, "If I'm being honest. I do feel worried every time I hear that name. I just couldn't let go all of the things we've done together. We were like swords and shields for each other."

I then made a suggestion, "If it helps you a lot...perhaps you could call me by a different name. How about...Zen?"

"No." White quickly declined it. "I don't want that...I called you Zen more than I call you Zenith back then. It's even worse, actually."

"Then how about something completely different? I could even ask permission from my family to change my name."

White was then confused, "Why are you doing this? You barely know me and you are already willing to change your name just for the sake of your friend?"

"Think of it this way, White. The 'snow girl' that you know as Zenith was the old me. The new me is something completely different. It can be any other name. It doesn't have to be anything related to my old name."

"But why do you even consider of going all out to the point of actually changing your real name, Zenith? How will your family even accept this?"

"I'll face that consequences myself. I'm myself now. I'm not being under control by a curse or anything. So, will that suffice you?"

White gave a moment to think and thought, "You know. If I give you a new name then that will just betray myself."

"What do you mean, White?"

He explained to me, "I feel like if I call you by a different name, then I'm just running away from my worries. I should be strong enough to not worry too much about you. I mean. It's your name. It's something that was given from your parents. I shouldn't touch that."

"Alright then, White. I trust that you won't get too worried about me. Might I remind you, I'm not a weak and fragile girl. I can fight back with my own hands and perhaps...I can even fight for you."

White simply laughed to my cheeriness. He then decided to move on, "Now that thing have been out of the way. How about you share with me what's your ability is?"

"I guess I have to consider that since I already know yours from Recordia. Sorry about that." I smiled at him hoping for him to forgive me.

He shrugs it off and said, "It's fine. I'm not that worried if you are the one who knows about my secrets."

"Then allow me to explain" Zenith then begins explaining one of her true ability, "The first one that I will tell you will be the one that I used on Recordia recently."

"I've been wondering about that. What is it and what it's called?"

I told him, "I called it Infinite Tune. It's not really an offensive type magic. But I still can use it to change my odds in combat. Basically if I touch someone, I'm able to look into ones Infinitum that resides inside their body. Besides being able to read your Infinitum, I can also tune up your Infinitum to suit your needs."

"It sounds complicated to me, Zenith. Can you give me an easier context for me to understand?"

"Easier...?" I'm not sure how to explain it to him until I asked him, "Um...I heard from Rose that you love video games. Especially, role playing ones."

"Yes and what of it?" wondered White.

I explained to him in the simplest way for him, "Put it this way, White. I'm someone who can buff or debuff others by simply touching them. I can temporarily change others status effect accordingly."

"Oh. Now I understand. That will actually help a lot."

I sighed and said, "Thankfully you get what I meant. It's really hard trying to explain Infinite Tune."

"Alright then. How about the second ability you have?"

"That will be..."

As I was about to tell him my second ability. We were interrupted. There was a bunch of coming towards Fitz shack.

"That's The Fox Gang." White told me, "Let's head down and tell Fitz."

I'm not sure what was about to happen but from the looks of it. Things are about to go bad.

TO BE CONTINUED