Chapter 3.34 - White - Opportunities

With the opportunity that Zenith had created for us, I quickly took matter into my own hands and made my way toward the boar as it slowly rejuvenate its destroyed legs. Just like that, I was able to use Blink to reach where Silverbite was sitting. He saw me coming from a miles away and expected some kind offense from me. He puts himself on the defensive as I finally appeared before him.

"That's one smart friend you got there, Cyclone White." Silverbite complimented me.

I gladly replied, "Don't thank me. Thank her. Even I didn't expect that. But it worked out so I just take the opportunity."

"Opportunity...of course." Silverbite calmly said, "We're standing here tonight because opportunity has brought us this. Without opportunity, we won't have met each other."

In a way, Silverbite wasn't wrong. I took upon myself to take the opportunity to join Yumiko on her wild shopping spree at someplace that I haven't gone off to before. Things happened and I also ended up taking the responsibility to help Fitz fulfill her currently defunct mission. It also brings me to when I finally took the opportunity to finally say what I have always kept away from the new Zenith. It was quite a surprise to realize that opportunity had brought us to where we are.

And its not only me, Fitz also felt the same. She took upon herself to accept the mission from a shady group just to keep her bellies from rumbling. Almost half her current life has been about opportunity as she continues to be a bounty hunter and hunt down the rewards that she needs for herself. Selfish or not, it was the right to do according to her. Her journey to bounty hunting also started with an opportunity from such an unlikely event such as finding a lost pet.

I could also say that both Zenith and Yumiko also have something to do with taking opportunity. Zenith, who haven't really known me much decided that it was best if she come and helped me. Yumiko on the other hand considers that everything is an opportunity. I won't be surprised if by the end of this, she gain or receive something from all of these chaos.

And of course, I'm not forgetting Silverbite. His whole life has been about opportunity. I don't think I could tell more about his life because we've all understand it by now. And that all of us right now, was here because of one thing and that was 'Opportunity'.

"You're right, Silverbite. I won't be here if it wasn't because of opportunity. I took my chances and here we are."

Without much time to breath, Silverbite suddenly tried to attack me as I was quickly enough to block his claw using my dagger.

"You didn't even let me finish..." I told him.

Silverbite then said, "I took the opportunity to strike you down while you talk."

"Even after all of that, you are still despicable. Despite what you've been through all your lives. You still decided to be a villain."

"I had no choice! It was killed or be killed!" Silverbite then took another shot as he used his other hand to slash me.

But I was able to jump away from him just in time. As I finally landed on my two feet, The Blood Moon Golden Boar started to move as it finally healed its legs. Both Silverbite and I grabbed onto the boar's back as we continued to fight on top of the back of the giant boar.

In the meantime, it was up to Zenith and the injured Fitz to keep the boar staggered in place as I continued to fight Silverbite. Zenith continued to use her blunderbuss and shot out explosive cannons to the boar's legs. And although she was still in pain and her face were all covered up, Fitz refuse to stand down and let Zenith handle the situation alone. With all of what's left of her strength, Fitz mustered up and created another concentrated wind ball on her hand. But this time, the ball wasn't as small as her palm. It grew bigger and bigger as she begins to absorb the infinite amount of air around us.

While this was happening, Yumiko has finally arrived to the top of the building. She brought her whip, The Moon Catcher and prepared herself to quicken The Blood Moon's phenomenon. But before she was able to do anything, she was rudely interrupted by her old teacher, The Boss along with a few of his trusted Fox Gang members.

"Well then. That make things easier for me." said Yumiko to herself. "I'm sorry, White. But it looks like The Blood Moon will take some time before its over. Hopefully, that friend of yours can help you out." Yumiko said that as she brought out her flintlock and aimed at her enemy.

Back on the main battle, Silverbite continues to try to hurt me with his sharp claws but it remains to be useless as I was too fast for him to catch up. This was all thanks to the effects of me being a wind user as it allows me to be slightly faster than the average person.

Silverbite then stopped and said, "This is why I also hate people with Wind Magic."

Silverbite's red eye begins to glow once again as he tries to take me out with a different attack. This time, it was a howl. But it wasn't any howl as a visible sound wave begins to appear and started to push me away from the top of the boar. I was flung away further from where Silverbite stood. I used my dagger and stabbed it deep into the boar to stop the howl from continuing to push me.

As I continued to struggle, I noticed that Fitz was charging up another concentrated wind ball. It was growing bigger than what I saw before. Through a well and thoughtful observation, I used my free hand to try and create a concentrated wind ball of my own. I was able to do so, but the ball wasn't as compact as Fitz's considering that she has mastered it already.

Without much time to focus on my mistake, I pulled my dagger and quickly got up as I try to run through the strong howl. Whether if it was a miracle or not, the beginners version of the concentrated wind ball I made was able to help me get through the forceful howl. It almost felt like when Fitz tried to go through Dean and Seth's line of defenses.

Silverbite stopped his howl as soon as he noticed what was happening, "No! This is not happening!"

"You're wrong, Silverbite. It is!" I said that as I brought the concentrated wind ball towards my foe.

Silverbite blocked the ball with his chaotic gauntlet and it almost feels like I was carrying a chainsaw or something as metallic sounds begins to clank up thanks to the metal on Silverbite's gauntlet as well as my immature wind ball.

With enough time and opportunity, Zenith released a pile powder kegs from her Dimensional Inventory while Fitz released and threw her large wind ball towards the powder kegs. With her mastery, the powder kegs was kept in tact as the ball carried it and made its way to the belly of the beast. The ball forcefully went into the boar's belly and dissipates as the powder kegs was now inside the beast. With a smart guest from Zenith, she snapped her finger and the powder kegs exploded. Golds began to rain down upon us as even both Silverbite and I was sent straight down to the floor.

It felt like they have defeated The Golden Boar but it continues to collect itself back, slowly. I stood up from the fall and saw Silverbite, already lying in wait for me to get back up. We met our eyes, crunched our fist and prepared ourselves as we finally reached the end of this battle.

TO BE CONTINUED