Chapter 4.2 - White - Group of Ten

So let me sum this up in the simplest way I could. Lala suddenly got an urgent call from Sam, The Cardinal of Administrator Magic. She has a meeting along with the other Cardinals to discuss about the upcoming Music Festival that we're having later in the next three weeks. We still haven't find the other seven people that was going to be in our group for the event and it was now my responsibility to find them, fast.

So here's what happened right after that one girl approached us, Lala received her call and told me her business. She gave the responsibility to find the other members to me and then she left the classroom. And that leaves me and that particular girl on our own. So who's this white dressed girl? Well, her name is Nis Greystone. Quite a peculiar person.

"So what will it be, White? Can I join you?" Nis was waiting for an answer.

I scratched my head and said, "I guess so. But we still need to find the other six."

Then suddenly, the white dressed girl sat on the table that I was facing and said this to me, "Don't you worry, White. I think I know just the right person that you guys need for the grouping." She said so in a very cheerful manner.

No, she's more cheerful than Zenith. Zenith was more moderate. Nis on the other hand has this big sister vibe on her. A very caring big sister. In any case, I decided to follow where Nis would take me as she began walking around the classroom looking for any possible group members. A few moments later, she stopped upon a pair of girls. I began to wonder, am I going to be the only guy in the group? I guess that's a possibility considering that there's only like eight boys in this large class. I guess that's a given since not a lot of boys likes to read.

Putting that aside, Nis and I approached the pair who was apparently observing us since the beginning. Without much time to waste, Nis introduced them to me,

"As you can see here, White. This green haired girl is Emerald....um...What's your family name, Emy?"

The girl named Emerald then told her, "Does it matter?"

To me, she came across as impolite for some reason. But I better not make things more complicated. At least Nis weren't shook by her words at all as she simply lets it go and began introducing the other girl.

"Okay then, Emerald. Anyway, here's Helena Howard."

"Um...hello, White." Helena greeted me.

Helena Howard, she had a blue long hair in case you want to imagine so. She seem to be a bit shy in front of me. But I don't think its a problem at all. I think its pretty normal for a girl to be a bit shy at someone that she doesn't know, especially a guy.

I greeted her back, "Nice to finally know your name, Helena. It's funny how we haven't know each other name even though we've been in the same class for a semester already."

"Um...yeah...I guess so..." She sounded uncomfortable for some reason. Was it something I said?

Emerald then said to me, "It's okay, bro. This is just herself. You don't need to worry too much."

Now that I heard that sentence, her voice sounded a bit on the harsh side. Not in the side of sounding like a tomboy though, perhaps below that.

"So, White. Can this two join as well?" asked Nis.

I then told her, "I don't think there's any problem to this. The sooner we get enough member, the sooner we can get back to our own business."

And with that, we now have six members. Before we know it, class was over and everyone began to scatter around and exit the classroom. Thanks to my low level of self esteem, I fail to even ask anyone else to join our group. I scratched my head in confusion until someone decided to knock my head like they were knocking a door. It was Zenith.

"Knock, knock, White. Is something wrong?" wondered Zenith

Nis also approached me and asked, "Yeah, you seem a bit stressed."

Emerald then answered it for me, "I think he failed to find anyone else for our group."

To which I replied, "Yeah, you're right on that one, Emerald. I don't really know how should I approach them. Should I talk like this or like that or maybe I should..."

I was then interrupted by Nis, "Hold it, White. If you really can't do it then fret too much. I'm here to help you. In fact, everyone here will help you out."

Zenith then said, "She's right. It's not a one man job to recruit their own classmates."

"But hold on guys..." Emerald stopped us and said, "We still need to find four more people right? If we really want this to be over before the end of the day then we better hurry up."

Out of the blue, Helena gave an idea, "Maybe...we can split up?"

Nis then responded, "That's a brilliant idea, Helena! In fact, why don't you go together with White and Emerald."

Emerald then asked, "Um why should we split with White and not with you?"

"Because White still need some time to get to know you two. Try getting along while you guys go searching. It's no problem right?"

Helena agrees, "I guess so..."

"Very well. If Helena could handle it, I guess I can as well." said Emerald.

Jeez, she doesn't really need to be so honest about not wanting to be my friend or something. But then again, that's probably just her mannerism. It can't be helped I guess. And so, we decided to split up to search for the other four members for our Music Festival group. I wonder who we're going to end up getting. I just swear that hopefully its not a troublesome person. But then again...I might have spoken too soon...

TO BE CONTINUED