Chapter 4.12 - Lala - More Than A Feeling

Now that I have given the orders to my group mates, Both Helena and I went to get Lailah for additional help concerning the strange hostile signal that Helena detected. While we were on our way to get Lailah, I tried scouting around to see whether Helena could just be mistaken or she was indeed right on target. But to no surprise, it was exactly as Helena told me. We don't see them at all. According to Helena's radar, a whole lot of circle blip was radiating around the entire campus. She told me that the circle blip was the hostile signal that she was getting. How can she tell that it's hostile? That decision came from Raven's word of mouth in which she told Helena that her raven can confirm that whatever was around us right now was in fact, hostile, despite them still not initiating any hostile behaviour.

"Are you sure your ability is working?" Lailah questioned Helena's validity.

"I don't know...this is a first time for me...I never encountered something that I can't even see..." Helena was flustering.

Lailah then calmed her down, "No, I didn't intend to berate you or anything, my dear Helena." She proceeds to grab Helena's head and lovingly pressed it to her chest. "I'm sorry if I unintentionally did that..."

Helena however replied, "You're...suffocating me...Lailah."

Lailah's well endowed chest apparently was able to make Lailah more flustered than before. I was only able to smile but that was all the laugh we're getting for the moment.

"With that being said..." Lailah lets Helena go and insisted, "Maybe it's not a being from this realm?"

I squinted my eyes and asked her, "Not from this realm? What do you mean exactly?"

"It's exactly as I said, Lala. Perhaps what Helena detected is not from this realm."

"Then it's more than just a feeling?" gasped Helena.

"Can you clarify on that, Lailah?" I asked.

Lailah then explained, "I don't know if you know this but do you believe in a realm where spiritual being exist? They live in the same world as us except that we don't really get to see them because they are hidden in their own realm. You may only see these spiritual being if they choose to be seen by our eyes or through some insane wizardry."

"Insane wizardry? What is that?" Helena didn't quite understood that.

I told her, "It's pretty much magic that's uncommon for most wizards

I told her, "It's pretty much magic that's uncommon for most wizards."

Helena nodded and then turned back to Lailah and asked, "But how can you tell that it is something from this spiritual realm?"

Lailah then responded, "I'm just making an assumption. But I might not be wrong on that one, actually. You should probably know what I mean, Lala."

"You mean your unique ability?"

"Exactly." Lailah happily nodded.

I figured it would be her ability when she told me that I might know something. The reason behind this is that every Cardinal was given a list of every of their classmate's unique ability. This also includes a number of detailed descriptions. However, I feel like the descriptions weren't that complete considering that some of them were cryptic in its wording. I had to think creatively if I really want to guess how does a certain unique ability work just through reading a few lines of cryptic descriptions.

But, in Lailah's case. I think can understand something. Her unique ability is called, Angelic Grace. It allows her to have an angel's physiology. Anything an angel could do, she could as well. So how does this help with our situation?

I asked her that, "What does an angel can do with this?"

Lailah then told us, "I can take you guys to the spiritual realm."

"Just like that?" Helena wondered.

"Just like that" said Lailah. She then added, "But you guys have to be careful."

"Why?" I asked.

Lailah explained, "When you guys are in the spiritual realm. Remember that you guys can still harm and or destroy anything that exist in our realm. So I implore you guys not to touch anything besides what we're looking for."

"Very well. Let's do this." I agreed to her plan and prepared myself.

Helena gave us an assertive nod. As soon as everyone was ready, Lailah told us to get closer so that she can optimize the range. Once everything was ready, with a blink of an eye, we were immediately transported to the supposedly spiritual realm that Lailah told us. The transportation happen quite sudden. A single white flash and there we go. We're in the spiritual realm.

"Hmm..." I'm actually surprised to find out that the spiritual realm wasn't so different to our own realm.

Everything look similar except for...

"Why is everything all...cloudy and...murky?" Helena was looking all over the place with anxiety.

Lailah hugged her like before and assured her, "Not to worry, my dear Helena. What you're referring to is simply the mirages of the realm. Everything from our world look transparent."

Then I added, "And everything that's inside here are solid..."

We looked everywhere and saw a bunch of floating unknown creatures. But all of them seemed to not realized our existence yet or they just don't mind us at all.

"Um...Lala...What the hell is that?" Lailah, supposedly like an angel, just said hell.

I looked behind me and saw a huge sand creature floating very close to me. Everyone was immediately on guard for whatever was in front of them.

Except for me. Because I know what that thing was.

TO BE CONTINUED