Chapter 3.10 - White - The Most Wanted Accomplice

I couldn't believe it but it happened. I end up becoming a part of an infamous criminal. It may sound like a misunderstanding but as to what I know, I've been hanging out with her quite a lot. That basically makes me one of her allies. I never knew I would get myself into someone else mess. To top it all of, this was probably the biggest mess I faced. For all I know, I am now The Most Wanted Accomplice in Eveiht. That's not a title that I want to hear about me.

"What are you doing, White? Come on!" Yumiko was in a hurry.

"Why do we have to run away anyway? We've lost her already, right?"

"That's not the problem, White."

"Then what is?"

She looked at me and said, "The problem is that girl will probably spread the news that I'm here. Lucky for you, White. You told her about us being in the same academy. That means, we ain't coming back there for a while."

"Oh great..."

Yumiko then pointed out, "You brought this upon yourself."

"What? You brought this upon yourself! Why did you even come back to a place that you know that you are being hunted?"

"I was trying to get some things while I lay low. But you end up spoiling the beans and now look what we're in."

She made a good statement. I wasn't suppose to wander off when I was waiting for her. But had it not happen, I wouldn't meet my old friend, Fitz.

"Watch out, White!" Yumiko pushes me to the floor of the rooftop we're on.

An arrow was almost about to go through me. But, Yumiko was able to save me at the very last second.

Yumiko then concludes, "Looks like the news has already spread."

"Great. What are we suppose to do now?"

"We get out of here of course."

"Can't you just use your Portal Bullet and take us somewhere else?"

"We can't." said Yumiko.

"Why?"

She then explained to me as quick as she could, "Because this place was rigged with a teleport record."

"What is that?"

"It is simply a record of something being transport through the use of a transportation magic. It was implemented so that all goods in this place are recorded for data."

I began to understood as I said, "So when you used the portal to get away from Fitz..."

"Yes. It means that some bounty hunters with better equipment are on their way."

"Well." Another arrow came to us and we managed to dodge it. "Apparently this one guy is quick enough to catch us."

"Let's head for the exit." suggested Yumiko.

Then I stopped her, "I don't think that's a good idea."

"Why so?"

"Come here quick." I took her to a box so that we could talk and stay away from the arrows. "They might have already set up a guard waiting by the exit of the city. They are professional hunters after all."

Yumiko groaned, "You're right. Looks like there's only one way for us to go then."

"And where is that?"

"To my old boss headquarter."

Her old boss headquarter? Does she meant by Vatherion or Kitsuneki?

"Is this someone I know?" I tried asking her.

"No. You never seen him before."

"So you have another boss..."

Yumiko stood up, "Come. Quick. This is our only choice to get away from the bounty hunters."

I shrugged and said, "I guess I have to trust you on this then...Take me there."

We got off the rooftop and went to another rooftop. Yumiko quickly glanced back at me and pointed with her head toward the center pillar of the city. We're going to have to climb that thing then. As we were about to reach the pillar, a rain of arrows barraged behind us. Yumiko took out both of her flintlocks and shot out two explosives bullet, stopping all of the arrows from hitting us. Once we have finally reached the pillar. Yumiko grab onto the nearby ladder and climbed it.

As I was about to climb on, Yumiko enraged me, "Don't climb yet, you pervert!"

"What?" It definitely enraged me, "I wasn't planning to look under your skirt or anything!" I didn't look up as I was saying these.

"Just don't look up, pervert!"

"Fine! Just hurry it up!"

As I was waiting for her to get to the top of the ladder, a hunter suddenly pounced on me.

"Got you now, boy!" He showed me his knife.

"Get off of me!" I threw the bounty hunter away from me using my wind manipulation magic and blew the guy away from the rooftop. The guy crash landed onto a stall.

I stood up and saw another barrage of arrows coming toward us but this time, it was definitely aiming at me. In quick succession, I paused the time and rolled away from the shot. I jumped away from the rooftop and climbed on to the walls of the pillar. During the 3 second pause I was able to Blink myself a little bit further above where I was climbing on. I managed to get on top of a scaffolding. As I was climbing onto that, I saw a bounty hunter from the other side aiming at me with his bow.

I sighed and said to myself, "Time to get dizzy, White."

I let go off the rock and leaped backwards and away from the rock. As I was leaping through the air, I used both of my hand to create a large enough tornado to leverage me above and fly away to the top of another scaffolding.

"What took you so long?" That was the first thing she said after I reached her.

"Where are we heading?"

"Just trust me on this."

Yumiko led me to a zip line and jumped towards it. She used her chain whip to grab onto the zip line.

"Jump on!" shouted Yumiko.

I didn't have anything with me besides my dagger so I quickly jumped and grabbed onto Yumiko's legs.

Yumiko then immediately warned me, "Don't you dare look up, Cyclone White!"

I didn't say anything as I was too focused on where we were heading toward. I couldn't really tell where we were heading. I could only see another rooftop of a building at the end of the zip line. But before we were even about to reach that rooftop, Yumiko released her whip's gripping and we quickly fell down to the ground. Surprising enough, we safely landed on top of a bunch of mattresses. That was one heck of an escape.

"Come on, White. We're not there yet." Yumiko got off the mattress as she said that.

And we're still running away...

TO BE CONTINUED