Chapter 3.18 - White - Hiding

From what I could tell by looking at the clock on Fitz's shack, it was already afternoon and Fitz hasn't come back to her shack since that morning. Moreover, Yumiko was also gone when we were asleep. Since I'm still considered to be a wanted person, I couldn't really get out of the shack for the time being. With that in mind, Fitz was the one who went out to go looking for Yumiko as well as information gathering about the ominous bounty hunter, Silverbite who I might assume to be another Champions of Chaos based on his equipment.

"Did I kept you waiting?" Fitz finally came home.

"Fitz. No. Not really, I was expecting you would come back here around the evening or night considering how you work."

"Well it's afternoon, White. It's break time. It is also lunch time. So I got something for you as well." She placed down a plastic bag on to the dining table as she said that.

"Is there anything else you got for me besides food?"

She begins to prepare the table as she talked to me, "There's good news and bad news. Which one first?"

I gave it a second to think and said, "Bad news first, I guess."

"Well, I can't seem to have the slight idea where in the world was Yumiko. She doesn't seem to have any presence around this place."

"Do you think she might have already gotten out of this city?"

"I doubt that. There's only one exit and the exit was packed with people from The Fox Gang and they have also set up a checkpoint for everyone there." She then finally finished preparing the tables and said, "Come, White. Sit."

I accepted her invitation and joined the lunch together with her.

"So, does this mean that you're going out again after this?"

"Yup."

"I see." I nodded as I pick up the spoon and fork in front of me. She got me some spaghetti and meatballs in case anyone was wondering. "So, what about the good news?"

Fitz was about to say, "The good news is..."

But she was then interrupted by a noise from my pocket.

"What is that noise, White?"

"Oh? It's my phone. Hold on, Fitz."

"Sure..." She then continues to eat her meal.

I brought out my phone and noticed that it was...Recordia? I assumed she's awake already from the looks of it.

"Video call? Why though?"

"What's the matter with video calling, White?"

"Nothing..."

"Oho? You don't want to share something with me, huh?" She begins to devilishly smile at me as she said that.

"Just don't talk. This might be important."

I leaned my phone at the table and answered the call.

"WHITE! WHITE! Recordia shouted as loud as she could all of a sudden." It's...yeah Recordia talks a bit...weird...just get used to it.

"Hello, Recordia. You finally woke up. You got what I need?"

"Recordia nodded but she decided to say something else, Where have you been? You didn't come home yesterday? Recordia was very worried about her master."

"I'm fine. I'm just...stuck."

"Do you need help, White? Recordia wondered."

"No, you don't have to do all of that."

Then suddenly, I heard a voice from the video call.

"You sound like you are in need of help, White."

"Who's that, Recordia?"

"What? Recordia was surprised. Recordia then said, don't you recognize Zenith's voice?" She then showed Zenith's face.

I was also surprised of this outcome, "Zenith? What are you doing there?" I asked that because I was considering of the fact that the new Zenith probably doesn't have any recollection of Recordia at all...

Zenith then responded, "This little fairy of yours looked for me and asked for food. She told me that you haven't returned from home. Is something wrong?"

"No, nothing is wrong over here. I'm just...busy."

"Busy?" She then joyfully said, "No you're not. You seem to be in a ditch from the look of your face, White."

"How can you tell that?"

"You can't mess around with me, White. I can read people just as much as you can. At least that's what Rose told me about you."

"Jeez. I wonder what else she told you..."

"Anyway, can you explain what happened?"

"No, I can't. And since you're already with Recordia. I'll call you guys later."

Then out of the blue, Fitz barged in and said, "You're friend here is wanted."

"What?!" Zenith was in full shock after hearing that. She then proceeded to say, "Where are you? No. You probably can't say where you are. I'm going to look for you! No, we're going to look for you!"

I tried to stop them, but even Recordia was excited, "Yes! Recordia was in full spirit. Recordia will help find master with her GPS capabilities."

"Wait you can do that?" I didn't know of that.

"Recordia will find papa so that he can finally reunite with mama!"

"Wait, who's mama?" Zenith wondered.

I quickly cut off the video call just to avoid further confrontation.

"Oh god...I didn't expect this would happen..." I was slightly tired after that video call.

"Papa? Mama? What's going on here, White?" Fitz was smiling at me but I can definitely tell it wasn't a happy smile.

"Um...I can explain..." But, out of sheer luck, I was able to sway away from that topic by asking her, "What's the good news, again?"

"The good news? Oh yeah." She thankfully quickly swept away the video call. "I got some good information about Silverbite. You may have to listen to this carefully...because it's going to be interesting..."

Okay, she got me hooked there. I wonder what she got after all of that searching...

TO BE CONTINUED