Chapter 14

(A/N- Chapter 13 lived up to the superstition. It was the beginning of the twist. Have fun reading!  This chapter is dedicated to @BreannaCyanide. My Loki/OC fanfic has been updated, so you can check it out if you want to. Votes and comments are appreciated. Live long and prosper.)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Ah!" exclaimed Sherlock, as the screen flashed 'SEARCH COMPLETE'. Before Jane could ask Sherlock what he was searching for, Molly came in. "Any luck?" she asked. "Oh, yes!" said Sherlock triumphantly. Molly went over to see the screen, and just then, a man wearing clacks and a t-shirt came in, and stopped near the door. "Oh, sorry. I didn't..." he trailed off. 

"Jim! Hi!" Molly said enthusiastically, although she saw him just seconds ago. Jane looked at him and her eyes widened in surprise. Jim was about to leave when Molly stopped him. "Come in! Come in!" she said. Sherlock ran his eyes all over Jim, making deductions. Jane glared at him, mouthing him to stop, but he ignored her. He went back to his microscope and Jim closed the door before coming over to Molly. 

"Jim, this is Sherlock Holmes," she introduced. Jane had to stop herself from laughing at how naive Molly was. "Ah!" said Jim, acting perfectly. "This is Jane," she said, turning to her, and Jim locked his eyes with her. "We've met," said Jane politely, not wanting to reveal her secret in front of everyone, especially Sherlock. John turned to the three, as Molly looked at him blankly. "And, uh....sorry." John introduced himself," John Watson. Hi." "Hi," replied Jim. 

Jim's eyes moved over to Sherlock's back, as he looked at him admiringly. "So you're Sherlock Holmes," he said in a casual London accent. Jane hid her face in her hair so that no one could see her smile on Jim's fake accent. "Molly's told me all about you," he continued."Are you on one of your cases?" He walked closer to Sherlock, forcing John to move away. Jane glared at him, as if telling him not to touch Sherlock, or else she would kill him. 

"Jim works in I.T. upstairs. That's how we met. Office romance," said Molly, trying to break the silence. She and Jim giggled, making Sherlock glance briefly at Jim before turning back to the excessively featured microscope. "Gay," said Sherlock briefly. Jane glared at him, but tried not to laugh. John looked at him in shock as Molly said, "Sorry, what?" Sherlock raised his head and saw Jane microscopically shake her head. "Nothing," he said and turned back to Jim. " Um, hey," he said, trying to hide his blunder. 

"Hey," said Jim suggestively, earning a glare from Jane. He lowered his hand and managed to knock a metal dish off the table. "Sorry! Sorry!" he said nervously as he scrambled to pick it up. john face-palmed as Jane and Sherlock looked at him in irritation. Jim put the dish back on the table, but not before slipping a piece of paper under it. He scratched his arm as he wandered near Molly and Jane. 

"Well, I'd better be off," he said. "I'll see you at the Fox, 'bout six-ish?" he asked Molly. "Yeah!" she said. He stopped by her and placed a hand on her back, making Jane shift uncomfortably. He glanced back at Sherlock and said," It was nice meeting you." Sherlock ignored him as Jim stared at him, and Jane replied for him. "You too," she said. Jim blinked a few times before leaving. however, he handed Jane a slip of paper as he passed her. No one else saw it and after Jim left, Molly turned to Sherlock. 

As the two of them were talking, Jane opened the paper. it read,

Meet me in the janitor's closet in five. -JM

Jane looked at the three and quietly left. She opened the door and closed it, searching for the janitor's closet. She ran down the corridor, glancing over both sides of the hallway, looking out for the I.T. guy. Suddenly, from one side, a hand came to her mouth and cold metal was pressed against her neck. The hands pulled her into a closet, and she tried to kick her attacker.  It was dark in the closet, and she could only see his eyes. 

It was him. He turned on the light and she stared at him in shock, as he grinned at her devilishly, holding a gun against her hip bone. "No, please, no," she whispered, but the man just placed a finger on her lips and quickly kissed her. His lips were hard and demanding against hers, forcing her into the corner. She tried to squirm out of his grip, but then, the door opened. "Jane," breathed Jim, shocked to her in a closet with another man, kissing him. 

The man looked from Jane to Jim, and when he realised who was outside the closet, he scampered out of the closet. Jane stared at Jim in shock, as she tried to explain. Jim threw himself at her, slamming the door and locking it before turning back to her. "Who was that?" he asked her. Jane was too scared to say anything, and tried to hug Jim. But he pushed her off roughly before repeating his question. 

"I...He....He's my ex," she blabbered quickly. Jim's eyes darkened as he asked the next question. "What were you doing with him?" Jane explained how he pulled her into the cupboard and kissed her at gunpoint. Jim was still unsatisfied, but didn't say anything. He placed a hand on her arm, kissing her cheek softly. She hugged him, and this time, he hugged her back. However, he still doubted her. She was playing her own game, while they were playing with Sherlock and John. She would pay. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(A/N- As I promised. ;) )