Chapter 9

Sherlock carried Jane in his arms as they fell on the bed together. Sherlock held on to Jane tightly, as if she would disappear if he let her go. Jane buried her head into Sherlock's chest, listening to his heartbeat.

"Jane," Sherlock said.

"Yes?"

"Do you love me?"

Jane sat up, blinking a few times. What should she say? That she loves Jim? That this is just a game she is playing with Sherlock and Jim? No, if she is playing the game, let's indulge a bit more. 

Jane smiled and bent forward, gently pressing her lips against Sherlock's, pulling away in a second. Even though it was very brief, it was enough to convince Sherlock that Jane did hold some  sentiment for Sherlock.  

Jane moved to the edge of the bed and got up, looking back to Sherlock for a second, who was still dazed and staring at her. Jane chuckled to herself before walking towards the door, opening it and stepping out. Sherlock quickly snapped out of his daze and proceeded to the door. He saw Jane read something on John's laptop. She was smiling occasionally, but then suddenly burst out into a bout of laughter. 

Sherlock furrowed his eyebrows, trying to guess what she was reading.Jane saw him and cleared her throat. "Sherlock sees through everything and everyone in seconds. What's incredible, though, is how spectacularly ignorant he is about somethings." Sherlock began fuming as he grabbed the laptop from Jane's hands, as he read John's blog. "What!" he screeched. Jane was still laughing, wiping her eyes with the hem of her t-shirt. 

"John's gone out,before you try to kill him," Jane said, in an annoying, high-pitched voice. Sherlock humphed and marched back to his room, shutting the door loudly behind him. Jane just chuckled before returning to read the rest of the blog. She soon began feeling drowsy and fell asleep in the red sofa.

Jane got up with a start to a gunshot. She looked around frantically, searching for the source of the sound. Soon another. When she looked in front of her, there was Sherlock, with a handgun, aiming at the wall above the sofa. Jane sighed and raised an eyebrow towards him. Sherlock stared at her, as he shot another bullet. With that, John came running into the room, his hands over his ears.

"What the hell are you doing?" he bellowed. 

"Bored," said Sherlock sulkily. 

Jane had to suppress a giggle as Sherlock looked towards her.

"What?" asked John.

"BORED!" said Sherlock, as he jumped up and John putting his hands to his ears. Sherlock shifted the gun to his right hand, shooting in a contorted position. Jane just stared at the smiley face on the wall, which was already adorned with bullet holes.

"Good aim," she remarked. John glared at her, while Sherlock gave her a small smile. John walked over to Sherlock and snatched the pistol from his hand. "Don't know what's gotten into the criminal classes. Good job I'm not one of them," Sherlock said, as he walked across the room towards the couch. John put the gun into a drawer and locked it. "So you take it out on the wall?" he asked.

Sherlock ran his fingers over the smiley face, admiring his work. "Ah, the wall had it coming," he said simply. He turned and sulkily dropped into the couch, lying lengthwise across it on his back. John, wanting to make conversation, asked Sherlock," What about the Russian case?" Sherlock pushed himself up a little, replying," Belarus. Open and shut domestic murder.Not worth my time."

"Ah, shame." Jane said, her voice dipped with sarcasm. John made his way to the kitchen, looking exasperatedly at the science experiments on the table. He headed towards the fridge, wanting to eat something. "Anything in?,"he asked. "I'm starving." He opened the door, shutting it as soon as he saw what was in it. "Oh fu-" he sweared.