Chapter 6

(A/N- Sorry I could not upload the remaining chapters and on Sunday. I have decided on a different update timetable because I'm probably going to be busy for a few weekends. So uploading days will be Monday, Wednesday and Friday OR Tuesday and Thursday, depending on how free I am. This chapter is dedicated to Soulshine00 for commenting on Chapter 4. Thank you! Whoever comes up with a good shipping name for Jane and Moriarty will get a dedication in the next chapter.Live long and prosper.)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jane blinked her eyes a few times. "What?" she asked. Jim repeated his question, hanging on each syllable. "Do I like Sherlock?" Jane repeated. Jim nodded, gesturing her to answer his question. Jane shifted her position slightly, choosing her words carefully. "I used to be sentimental towards him, but he did not reciprocate my feelings; so I took it as a lost cause." Jim blinked a few times and held her hand. 

"Will it be fine if you were to move in with him?" Jim asked carefully. Jane took a few seconds in deep thought before nodding her head. Jim took her hand in his and brought it against his lips. "Thank you darling," he said, meaning every word. Jane leaned in across the table to cup his face in her hands and gently pressed her lips against his. They closed their eyes as their lips moved in sync; their tender moment brought to an end by the sound of a gunshot. 

There was an unbearable pain in Jane's thigh as her eyes widened and moved over to Jim, who had an almost sorry expression etched on his face, as he held a British Army Browning L9A1 in his hand. Jane's entire face contorted into an expression of pain and desperation as she fell back. Jim somehow rushed to her side and carefully picked her up before calling for an ambulance. 

Jim sat next to her throughout the entire ride to the hospital, her slender hands placed carefully in his. After a few hours in the emergency room, Jim slipped into Jane's ward as she lay there, sleeping peacefully as a bandage was tied around her right thigh. Jim sighed sorrowfully and whipped out his phone. His fingers danced across the screen as he typed a message to Sherlock which said, ' Stardust is in St Barts, ask for Jane Marcus. Meet you later. -JM'. Jim hit the Send button as he kissed Jane's forehead before leaving the room. 

Just as Jim left St Barts, Sherlock rushed into the hospital, his coat bellowing behind him. He rushed to the reception, asking for Jane Marcus. As the receptionist told him which ward she was in, he ran to find it. He noisily opened the door, panting heavily as he saw Jane sleeping blissfully in the bed, a white bandage tied around her thigh. 

Sherlock carefully walked towards her, taking in her dark hair and slightly tanned skin; remembering how the two would try to deduce people passing by them in the park, or in cafes. Sherlock held her hands in his, wishing to say everything he wanted to before they parted ways. 

"If you love me," he sang softly. "Won't you let me know?" Jane slowly opened her eyes, expecting Jim, but found Sherlock staring at her intently, looking like his heart was about to break into two. Sherlock stared at her for a moment before hugging her tightly, like she would disappear if he let go. Jane was frozen, not knowing how to react to him hugging her. 

"Sherlock," she whispered, her voice slightly hoarse. He let her from his embrace, but kept a firm hold on her shoulders."Jane, I missed you," Sherlock whispered. Jane looked at him longingly before hugging him. "How did you know I was here?" she asked, after they let go. "Moriarty texted me," he said, his voice grim and full of loathing. 

Jane brought a hand up to her mouth, her eyes welling with tears as she pulled Sherlock in for another embrace. Sherlock held her tightly, sensing that she was sobbing. She must know Moriarty then, he thought. After Jane finished crying, Sherlock carefully set her back into her bed, leaning in to kiss her forehead, when the door was pushed open by a small, stocky man with blonde hair which was greying.

"Oh. Sorry, must be the wro-" he started, before looking at the figure leaning over the bed. Black coat, tall, curly hair....Sherlock??? John thought. Sherlock abruptly pushed himself upwards and spun to look at John, both their faces blank. Jane closed her eyes, the morphine making her dizzy, as she drifted into a deep sleep.

"She...you....who is she?" John finally asked, staring with wonder at the sleeping figure. Sherlock shifted slightly, so that John's view of Jane was blocked. "She's a...friend," Sherlock said, carefully choosing what to call her. "She is your friend?" John asked, his facing breaking into a small smile. "Yes," replied Sherlock simply, not wanting to be interrogated by John. "She needs rest, let's leave," said Sherlock as he began pushing John out of the room. As soon as John left, Sherlock picked up a sheet of paper and a pen from a desk nearby and wrote a note to Jane. The note read,

Dear Jane,

I am terribly sorry for leaving you like that; I had to make sure you were safe. Now, I must do the same thing. Moriarty is not a man to be trusted, and I will not be able to forgive myself if he harms you. Please understand my situation and forgive me, for I cannot contact you right now. I fear Moriarty might harm you in an attempt to get to me again. Please do not grieve my dear, for I will be back for you after all this is over.  

                                                                                                                                                Yours truly,

                                                                                                                                                Sherlock (Willy).

Sherlock folded and left the note on her bedside, kissing her cheek, before leaving the room silently, following John back to Baker Street. What he did not notice, was that Jim Moriarty was sitting in the lobby, waiting for Sherlock to leave. As soon as Sherlock left the hospital building, Jim made his way to Jane's ward, opening the door slowly to find her sleeping.

He walked over to her bedside, picking up the note and unfolding it as his eyes became wide with surprise on Sherlock's ability to write such an emotional and caring letter. He folded and placed the note back wherever it was, leaving the room after giving a backward glance to Jane's stirring figure.