Chapter 30

(A/N- Hey! Sorry I was gone for so long, procrastination at its best. BTW, our tests just got over, and i already got two of my papers back! 90 on 100 in Physics and 85 in Chemistry! I'm really happy, but still scared for the rest. Wish me luck! So, next chapter. Have fun! Live Long And Prosper.)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Why did you let them go?" Irene asked Jane. "You could have just killed them there." Jane sighed into the landline and replied, "I never wanted to kill them. Give them a little scare, that's all. Your timing was perfect, though." "I know," said Irene, and Jane could see her fistpumping on the other end. 

"So, you free any time soon?" asked Jane. "Maybe tonight," replied Irene, slightly suggestive. Jane smirked and replied, "Come over at 8.30." "Sure thing, love," replied Irene. Jane heard someone trying to break in and quickly said goodbye to Irene and hung up. She crept into the kitchen slowly and got a large knife she had for special occasions such as this.

A tall, slim and pasty man with blond-ish hair entered through a window in the drawing room and was looking around. Jane stood near the telephone while spinning the knife in her hand. When the man saw her, he screamed and dropped the gun which he had in his hand. Jane looked at him and smiled before whispering, "Run." The man screamed again and scrambled out of the window he came through. Jane picked up his gun and threw it out of the window, hearing a satisfying 'thud' as it hit his head. 

Just as she was about to watch some Netflix, her phone dinged loudly. "Not now," she groaned and unlocked her phone. Jim. It had to be Jim. He had sent her a text saying how much he missed her and a picture of him pouting (adorably, but Jane won't admit it) and holding a sign which said "May I come over, please?" Jane smiled a bit and replied,"Only if you bring your Disney movies. Especially The Lion King. Also, get pizza. Our regular." She sent it and after a few seconds, Jim replied, "Okay. Love you. xoxo" 

Jane shook her head and kept her phone on the coffee table as she want to make some popcorn. Three seconds later, someone knocked on her door. "Dork," she muttered as she opened the door. Jim was standing there, with a pizza, and at least 6 movie cases stacked one on top of another, carefully balancing them on the pizza box. "You texted with those in your hands?" she asked. He smirked and replied, "Skill." Jane scoffed and opened the door wider for him to go in. "Yeah, right. Get me the pizza, you dork." "But I'm your dork," replied Jim as Jane took the pizza and DVDs from him. She kissed his cheek and went to make popcorn. 

"Heard from Irie lately?" Jim asked Jane from the drawing room as he tried to operate her television. "Goddammit," he muttered under his breath as he tried to find the remote for the DVD player. "Yeah, she called," replied Jane from the kitchen. "About what?" he asked, abandoning the remotes and the television and going to the kitchen. "Stuff," replied Jane as she shrugged. Jim raised and eyebrow as Jane looked at him and wiggled her eyebrows. Jim rolled his eyes and got a bowl for the popcorn. "Dork," he said.

"I know," replied Jane.