Chapter 24

(A/N- I'm back! Sorry I'm going off for so long, I'm not being able to do anything for some time before scrapping it. So updates will be slow for a few weeks, sorry. This chapter is dedicated to @FallOutOfTheTardis for being such a big help to me. Love you! Live long and prosper.)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As Jane woke up, the first she registered was Yellow by Coldplay playing in the background. She was sleeping on a large, soft bed, and the comforter was pulled up to her neck. She was dressed in a pair of dark blue pyjamas with stars all over. It was her favourite pair of pyjamas, which she had left with Jim. Why? No reason.

However, when she rolled over to her right, she came face-to-face with a sleeping Jim. Not to sound like a creeper, but she really liked to watch him sleep. He seemed so peaceful and angelic when he slept, but somehow, when he woke up, he became psychotic and the Devil himself. Poor Lucifer, he's got a run for his money with Jim, thought Jane.  Jim's eyes fluttered a few times before looking at Jane and smiling. "Morning, gorgeous," he said groggily. Oh, that sexy morning voice of his though, thought Jane, but replied with a good morning. 

"Um...Jim...Why am I here?" she asked. He looked down for a second before looking back at her, his eyes suddenly dark and serious. "You were too involved in the game, so I had to take you out. You were getting too attached to Sherlock, Jane." She sat up and shot daggers at him with her eyes. "Do not tell me what I did, Jim." she said in a dangerously low and cold voice. 

Now even he sat up and looked her in the eye. "I saw you kissing Sherlock. Care to explain?" he asked, venom lacing each word that he uttered. Jane stared at him coldly. "I was simply playing the game. There is no longer anything between Sher-" "DON'T LIE TO ME!" bellowed Jim as he pushed her against the headboard. He placed his left forearm on her windpipe, nearly stopping her breathing. She clawed at his hand and tried to free herself, but Jim did not let her move and looked into her now watering eyes. 

"Do. Not. Lie. To. Me. It's either me or Sherlock. You'll have to choose a side tonight, Jane. For it is going to be the great unveiling ceremony tonight. So decide whose side you will take from now." He let her go and got up, only wearing his boxers, and left the room. Although Jane was taking deep breaths, she couldn't help but stare at Jim's slightly built back muscles. Talk about fit for work, she thought.

But she had to choose a side now. The Devil, or demons dressed as angels...