Chapter 22

(A/N- Sorry I've been gone for so long! My exams are going on right now, and I really need to study a lot. So here I am, writing a story while my Physics exam is tomorrow. 

“You should always waste time when you don't have any. Time is not the boss of you. Rule 408.” -The Doctor.

Also, in Chapter 5, I asked for a shipping name for Jane and Moriarty. @fallingleafviolinist came up with Janiarty, which I think is perfect! So this chapter is dedicated to her. Also, how many of you here are single? (I am too, if we click, we can date.)

Fun fact: I'm bi.

Also, I am rereading TFIOS. Again. Tears. Heartache. Again. Hoping the end changes somehow. Buh-bye! Live long and prosper.)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What was she doing? She was playing with Jim's and Sherlock's hearts. But it felt good. It felt good to be in control, and not have any regrets. She was turning into the psychopath and sociopath Sherlock and Jim were. But she liked it. She liked playing the Consulting Detective and the Consulting Criminal. And neither of them suspected anything. Jim was too naive to know what was going on in her brain. Her mind made the contents of Pandora's box look non-violent. 

Before she could think about anything else, Sherlock took her hand and kissed her palm. She placed her hand on his cheek and caressed it softly. He took her hand and laced his fingers through hers before leaning in to kiss her. Again, Jane was lying. She was playing a game. A game which will harm Jim and Sherlock. So she kissed him back. To Sherlock, it was love, a disadvantage, but a beautiful one. 

Suddenly, Jane started to feel light-headed and dizzy. The world was spinning and she held on to Sherlock to balance herself. "Jane! Jane! Look at me!" He made her face him completely and stared into her eyes. She tried to focus on his kaleidoscope eyes, but her eyelids grew droopy and she lost consciousness in Sherlock's arms. He lifted her up and carried her to his bedroom. He tried waking her up by patting her cheek and calling her name. He checked for her pulse, which was steady but slow. 

Sherlock called John, who rushed into the flat in 17 minutes flat. So much for speed limits. After checking for a pulse and breathing, he made Sherlock sit down and drink some tea to calm him down. "But John, what happened?" he asked, still nervous. John placed a hand on Sherlock's shoulder and shook his head. "She's very ill. We need to take her to the hospital." "But what happened?!" shouted Sherlock as John called the hospital. "Poison," said John briefly before talking to the person who picked the phone up. Sherlock sat next to Jane and stroked her forehead. She was burning. A bit more heat, and she'd be burning on the ceiling. 

The ambulance came soon and Sherlock and John helped the nurses get Jane into the back of the ambulance. Sherlock held Jane's hand while John explained the entire situation to the nurses and doctor. 

A few hours later, Jane woke up in a hospital room. Again, mind you, the previous time being when Moriarty shot her. That old story. Her head hurt and she could hear the beeping of machines all around her. She looked around and saw Sherlock sleeping in a chair near her bed. Slowly, she took her hand and ran her fingers through his curly hair. He woke up and his eyes shone brightly. "Jane! Jane, you're fine! I missed you!" She chuckled a bit before looking around. "What happened?" she asked. "You blacked out. You were unconscious for 16 hours. John thinks you were poisoned," he explained, holding her hand tightly, as if if he left, she would slip away. 

"I..." she trailed off. Poison. The coffee. Jim had this planned. "I had coffee that night, must have been some reaction," she told him, obviously lying. "Don't lie," sighed Sherlock, already knowing that the poison was not from her. "The coffee must have been poisoned," she said, looking down. Sherlock sighed before hugging her. "I'll get Moriarty for this," he promised as he buried his head in the crook of her neck. Oh Sherlock, only if you knew what will happen to you, she thought, but hugged him back anyway.

In a building across the city, Jim Moriarty was watching all this from his office. Sherlock got to know of the poison, and promised to get Jim. Interesting. The things people do for love, he thought as he smirked and opened his e-mail. The same old day, killing, assassinating, torturing, all sponsored by Jim Moriarty. But then something caught his attention. It was a picture of Jane kissing Sherlock, which was taken previously in their flat. Anger bubbled inside Jim, not towards Sherlock, but towards Jane. She had taken the game too far. 

Jane will have to be taken out of this game, he thought before calling his assistant and friend, Sebastian Moran. "Sebastian," started Jim. "Yes boss?" came Seb's deep voice from the other end. "Remove Jane from the game temporarily," stated Jim as he played with an apple which was on his desk. "Will do, boss," replied Sebastian before Jim hung up. 

Now, let's continue.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 (BTW, I got the quote 'contents of Pandora's box look non-violent' from Twenty One Pilots' song 'Migraine'. Check them out. They're really good.)