Chapter 10

(A/N- Yes! Finally! I'm back. Did you miss me? Did you miss me? Did you miss me?  Did you miss me? Did you miss me? Did you miss me? Did you miss me? Did you miss me? Did you miss me? Did you miss me? Did you miss me? Did you miss me? Did you miss me? Did you miss me? Did you miss me?

The transcript of the episodes used in my story, all thanks to Ariane DeVere. Blog in the External Link. Bye. Live long and prosper.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Sherlock. Jane!" John ran up the stairs, worried for his two flatmates. He stopped n his tracks as he saw Sherlock, unharmed, in the black leather chair, plucking the strings of his violin. Opposite him, sat Mycroft; Sherlock's brother, who John had the misfortune to meet a few times. Jane was lying on the couch, her face buried in a book, which John guessed was Harry Potter. 

Sherlock looked up at the panting soldier and sad simply," John." Mycroft turned around to glance at John, going back to his position on the chair. "I saw it on the telly. Are you okay?"John asked. "Hmm? What?" Sherlock asked, as if he forgot about the shattered glass and loose papers. "Oh, yeah. Fine," he said. "Gas leak, apparently," said Jane, who was now sitting up on the couch, with the book laying forgotten on the coffee table in front of her. 

Sherlock turned his attention back to Mycroft, plucking at his violin strings again. "I can't," he said. "Can't?" asked Mycroft. "The stuff I've got on is just too big. i can't spare the time," Sherlock explained. John looked over to hi disbelievingly, while Jane just stared at Sherlock the entire time. "Never mind your usual trivia,"said Mycroft hotly. "This is of national importance." "How's the diet?" asked Jane, now staring pointedly at Mycroft. "Fine," he seethed, not rising to the implied insult. Sherlock smirked at her, knowing that he was rubbing off on her. 

"Perhaps you can get through to them, John,"Mycroft said. "What?" John replied, walking over to the window to inspect the damage. "I'm afraid my brother can be very intransigent," he explained. "If your so keen, why don't you investigate it?" Sherlock asked, obviously bored with Mycroft in his room."No-no-no-no-no. I can't possibly be away from the office for any length if time,not with the Korean elections so..."he trailed off, earning looks from John, Sherlock and Jane. She was the only one in all of them who knew about the scandals in the election."Well, you don't need to know about that, do you?" Mycroft asked, laughing darkly. as a sign to forget what he said.

"Besides," he continued. "A case like this, requires legwork." He grimaced as he said the last word. Sherlock looked up, very irritated, as John absently rubbed the back of his neck. "How's Sarah, John? How was the lilo?" asked Sherlock. "Sofa Sherlock, it was the sofa," corrected Jane, who was back to reading her book. Mycroft looked at his pocket watch, as Sherlokc looked John up and down again. "Oh yes, of course," he agreed. "How?" asked John, disbelievingly. "Oh never mind," he sighed. John sat down on the coffee table, as Mycroft smiled across at him. 

"Sherlock's business has been booming since the three of you have become...pals," he remarked, glancing at Jane to get her attention. Sherlock glared at Mycroft as he continued." What's he like to live with? Hellish, I imagine," he said, earning a dark look from Jane. "I'm never bored," said John lightly. "Good, that's good isn't it?" Mycroft said, as if he was trying to force a lie from a child. As Mycroft stood up, Sherlock picked up his bow and whipped one end through the air in front of him. 

Mycroft tried handing Sherlock a folder, but he stubbornly stared at it, refusing to obey his elder brother. Mycroft shot him a look and turned to Jane, who stared darkly at Mycroft, refusing to help him. Mycroft glared at the two of them, before turning around and giving it to John. "Andrew West," he started. "Known as Westie to his friends." John picked up the folder and began reading. "A civil servant, found dead on the tracks at Battersea Station this morning with his head smashed in." "Jumped in front of a train?" asked John. "Seems the logical assumption," said Mycroft. "But..." said John, as he quirked a small smile. "But?" asked Mycroft, gesturing for him to continue. "Well. you wouldn't be here if it was just an accident." 

Jane and Sherlock smirked, as he was applying rosin to his bow using a small cloth. "The M.O.D. is working on a new missile defence system- The Bruce- Parrington Programme, it's called." He looked at Jane and Sherlock, and John began flicking through the folder. "The plans for it were on a memory stick," stated Mycroft. John and Jane sniggered  quietly, Sherlock smiling with them. "That wasn't very clever," said Jane, who spoke after a long time. "It's not the only copy," Mycroft told Jane. "Oh." said John.

"But it is secret. And missing," said Mycroft. "Top secret?" asked Jane. "Very," he replied gravely before continuing. "We think West must have taken the memory stick. We can't possibly risk it falling into the wrong hands." Mycroft turned to Sherlock and said," You've got to find those plans, Sherlock. Don't make me order you." "I'd like to see you try," said Sherlock quite calmly.

Mycroft tried to intimidate him by leaning down. "Think over it," he said. Sherlock stared back, unimpressed by Mycroft's attempts of persuasion. Mycroft walked over to John, offering a hand for him to shake. "Goodbye John. See you very soon," he said creepily, as John shook his hand. "Goodbye, Jane dear. I'll be hearing from you," he added, before picking up his coat and preparing to leave. Jane disregarded Mycroft's comment, and Sherlock began playing four notes in a very irritating sequence, only to get him out of the room faster. Mycroft grimaced before finally leaving, Sherlock stopping and lowering his violin. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(A/N- Sorry if the chapter was a bit boring. The next one will be better. Anyhow, since I'm having me vacations right now, I won't be able to update regularly. Once I get back home on the 6th of October, I will start updating regularly again. Bye. Live long and prosper.