Chapter 11

(A/N- Hey! I'm back. From now. I'll only be updating twice a week because of my exams, which are going to start from the 28th of this month. Sorry! This chapter is dedicated to @BreannaCyanide for designing the new cover and commenting. Thank you! Anyways, I thought of starting to write another story, probably a Loki/OC. Any ideas are welcome. You can PM me or tweet to me, my name is @NGokulmuthu. Thanks. Bye! Live long and prosper.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

John turned to Sherlock and asked," Why'd you lie?" Sherlock looked at his short, Hobbit flatmate, as the front door banged shut. "You've got nothing on- not a single case," John continued. "That's why the wall took the pounding. Why did you tell your brother you were busy?" Sherlock shrugged, as Jane answered for him," Why shouldn't he?" 

"Oh!" John exclaimed. He nodded as he said," Oh, I see." Sherlock's eyes drifted towards John, waiting for an answer. "Sibling rivalry. Now we're getting somewhere," John continued. Jane chuckled as Sherlock opened his mouth to answer. Just then, his phone began ringing, much to his annoyance. He put down his bow and fished for his phone as Jane stood up to leave. "Sherlock Holmes," he said into the phone. He listened into the phone for a few seconds, and his expression intensified. "Of course," he said. "How could I refuse?" 

Sherlock stood up and placed his violin in his chair, as he turned off his phone and turned to the door. "Lestrade," he said. "I've been summoned. Coming?" he asked in the general direction of John and Jane. "If you want to," said John hesitantly, still unsure if Sherlock would want his company after the talk with Mycroft. "Of course," said Sherlock, as he took his coat from Jane who was stranding there and put it on.

"I'd be lost without my blogger." "Flatterer," Jane muttered under her breath, so that Sherlock could not hear her. "I heard that,"said Sherlock as he gave Jane a peck on the cheek, making her blush slightly and John widen his eyes in surprise. Since when has Sherlock Holmes started having emotions? he asked himself. 

Sherlock and Jane skipped down the stairs, John following them, chuckling. As Sherlock opened the front door, Jane easily hailed a cab, as the boys ran out. "New Scotland Yard," said Jane, as she slipped into the cab, with Sherlock next to her and John at the other end. Throughout most of the ride, Sherlock and Jane would occasionally look at each other and make out through their eyes. John would try not to focus on the two people eye-raping next to him, and would clear his throat if either of them made a move with their hands. 

Soon, the taxi came to a halt, and Jane and Sherlock rushed out, leaving John to pay the fare. DI Lestrade led the trio into his office, saying," You like the funny cases, don't you. The surprising ones." "Obviously," said Jane, making Lestrade glance at the new person who was looking around, taking in the details. "You'll love this. That explosion..." said Lestrade, before being cut of by Jane. "Gas leak, yes?" She shot a glance at Sherlock, who was glaring at a woman with curly hair as he passed by her desk. "No," said Lestrade. "No?" asked Sherlock. Even he was surprised. "No. Made to look like one," explained the DI. "What?" asked John, speaking after a long time. 

Sherlock stopped and stared at the white envelope which was lying on the DI's desk. "Hardly anything was left of the place, except a strong box- a very strong box, and inside it was this," said Lestrade, gesturing towards the envelope. "You haven't opened it?" Jane asked. "It's addressed to him, isn't it?" said Lestrade. As Sherlock reached towards the envelope, the DI said," We've X-rayed it, it's not booby- trapped." Sherlock hesitated a bit, as Jane commented," How reassuring."

Sherlock took the envelope to another table with a lamp on it, and examined the envelope under the light. On the front, in an elegant script was his name. "Nice stationery," he commented. Jane walked over to him and began examining it with him. "Bohemian," she added. "What?" asked Lestrade, surprised. "From the Czech Republic," commented Jane. "No fingerprints?" Sherlock asked, obviously impressed by Jane's deductive prowess. "No," replied Lestrade. 

Jane looked closely at the letter, saying," She used a fountain pen. A Parker Duofold- iridium nib." "She?' asked John. "Obviously," said Sherlock. "Obviously," said John, trying not to sigh at how both of them left things unsaid. Sherlock reached for a letter opener and carefully opened the letter, peering inside curiously before taking out a pink iPhone from the envelope. "But that's- that's the phone," started John, surprised. "The pink phone." "What? From the Study In Pink?" asked Lestrade, very much aware of John's blog. "Well, obviously it's not the same phone but it's supposed to look like..." he trailed off, registering what Lestrade said. He turned to face Lestrade and Donovan, who had entered the room and was placing some folders on the desk. 

"A Study In Pink?" asked Sherlock. "You read his blog?" "Course I read his blog!" exclaimed Lestrade. "We all do. D'you really not know that the Earth goes round the Sun?" Donovan sniggered loudly, as Sherlock and Jane glared at her, John pursing his lips in embarrassment. Sherlock took off his gloves, as he turned his attention towards the phone. Jane was still glaring at Donnavon's back as she left the room.

"It isn't the same phone," said Sherlock. "This one's brand new." He observed the connection sockets, taking note of how they did not have any scratches around them. "Someone's gone through a lot of trouble to make it look like the same phone," he said. "Which means your blog has a far wider readership," said Jane, finishing for Sherlock as she glanced at John. He tried to ignore it, as Sherlock turned on the phone. Immediately, he got a voice alert. "You have one new message," said the mechanic voice. 

There was no voice in the message, only four short beeps, followed by a long beep. "Is that it?" asked John. "No. That's not it," replied Sherlock. He opened a picture which was attached and Lestrade and Jane came over his shoulder to see the picture. It was of an unfurnished room, with a fireplace and two mirrors, one at the side and one on the mantelpiece. "What the hell are we supposed to make of that?" asked Lestrade. "An estate agent's photo and the bloody Greenwich pips!" he exclaimed. "A warning?" asked John.

"Some secret societies used to send dried melon seeds, orange pips, things like that. Five pips. They’re warning us it’s gonna happen again," explained Jane. Sherlock looked at the phone one more time before passing it to Lestrade, and starting to leave the office. "I've seen this place before," he said, as Jane hurriedly followed behind him. "H-hang on," said the doctor,as he scrambled to keep up with his two companions. "What's gonna happen again?" Jane turned back and smiled manically, raising her hands dramatically and exclaiming,"Boom!"  John rushed behind them, Lestrade grabbing his coat and following the trio.