Chapter Three

~Chapter Three~

Harry picked me up right on time, he seemed eager and ready. For a second I thought it was cute, but then I shook it off. I didn't need to lose focus on my main goal tonight, and that was winning Louis heart..but how?

The ride to the club was quiet at first, until Harry spoke up, "So...earlier...when we were in the car...did you know who I was talking about?"

I nodded and looked down. I really didn't want to hurt Harry. He was so sweet and kind to me. I almost considered telling him the truth about the way I felt towards Louis, but then I remembered that they were very close and risking Louis finding out was out of the question.

"Harry I just..don't know how I feel yet. I'm sorry." I saw his hands grip the steering wheel as he swallowed hard.

At first he looked hurt, but his expression softened as he realized something, "Yet? So I still have a shot then?"

I giggled and reached over to pat his knee, "Of course Haz." He smiled and blushed, hope gleaming in his eyes.

We pulled into a parking space and Harry came around to open the door for me. I stepped out and smoothed my dress, hearing Harry mummer something under his breath.

"What's that?" I asked, giving him a questionable look.

He immediately blushed and cleared his throat, "Uhm I just said you look beautiful."

I grabbed his hand, "Thank you, so do you." Harry laughed and began to walk inside. I followed behind him, spotting Louis close to the bar. He looked amazing....as always..I called his name, waving my hand so he could see us. He turned and smiled, that smile....but it dropped when he glanced down at mine and Harry's hands.

He walked closer, eyes never leaving them. "Hi guys." he said, peeling them away to look at me, "Wow. You look amazing." I blushed and felt my heart speed up, biting my lip to keep from smiling so big.

"Doest she?" Harry spoke up, breaking the trance. He smiled and gripped my hand, which I had forgotten he was holding.

Once again Louis looked at our hands, his expression changing. Jealousy? No...maybe? I don't know.

"Louis?" a small voice called from behind me. I turned to see a pretty girl of about the same age as me smiling. Her hazel eyes gleamed under her wavy long brown hair. "Hi!" she saw Louis and pulled him into a hug. I could feel my heart drop already...

"Demi, this is Eleanor." Louis said, breaking away from their embrace.

I forced yet another smile for the night as I stuck my hand out, "It's nice to meet you Eleanor."

"It's so nice to finally meet you too! And please call me El! Louis has told me SO much about you." her small plump lips curled into the biggest smile. She wrapped her arm around his waist and looked up to him.

I couldn't do this.. I couldn't see him this close to someone else. I needed to get away. "Harry do you want to dance?" I shocked him and even myself a little. His face lit up and he nodded.

I looked up to Louis and El for one last smile before I left, when I noticed Louis expression was hard as he stared at Harry. What the hell was that?

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

I only wanted to dance with Harry so I could get my mind off of the fact that the love of my life was here with another girl. But seeing that twinge of jealousy (maybe?) made me want it even more.

Harry and I found Liam and Danielle on the dance floor, so we joined them. Dancing with them was fun...a lot of fun actually. I was surprised with how good of a dancer Harry was. He put his hands on my waist and pulled me close to him. I found his eyes and he smiled, sending a whirl of butterflies down my stomach. This was weird...this never happened with Harry. He started to lean on close to me, closing his eyes. Maybe I should just try this...maybe it will mean something...

I suddenly felt a force pull me back just as Harry's lips were about to meet mine. "Louis what the hell?!" Harry yelled over the music.

I turned to Louis glaring at him, "I need to talk to her." his eyes darted to me, "Now."

"I'm busy." I said dryly, turning around.

I felt him grab my arm again, "Please."

I sighed and looked at Harry, "I'm sorry, I'll be right back." Disappointment flashed through his eyes as I followed Louis to the back of the club.

We stepped outside so we could hear each other well. Once the door shut I crossed my arms, "So what's up?"

"What are you doing?" he asked glaring at me.

"What are you talking about?"

"I'm talking about in there!"

"I was dancing Lou."

"With Harry?"

"Yes."

"Why?"

"Because I wanted to! And before you so rudely interrupted, I was about to kiss him!"

"But why!"

"Why do you care?!" I repeated the words he had said to me just a few hours before.

His face fell and for a second I thought he had looked at me the way I had always looked at him.

But, he quickly covered that expression with another glare. "I DON'T care." with that, he turned and walked back into the club.

I felt my throat burn as I tried to hold back my tears. How could he not care? Why couldn't he care the way I did? Why is he sending me these signals then pulling away?! I started to grow angry myself as I stormed back into the club.

The group was sitting at a table, laughing and drinking. When I slid next to Harry he smiled and put his arm around me, but my eyes focused on Louis, who quickly looked away and began to flirt with Eleanor.

It was like he was doing this on purpose..like he KNEW it got to me and wanted to to hurt me. Well two can play at that game.

"Harry, do you think we could go home?" I said loud enough for everyone to hear.

Louis turned as looked at us wide eyed. Perfect, just what I wanted. "Sure love." Harry said, smiling as he helped me up out of the booth. I said goodbye to everyone, promising Niall I would make it to our annual 'Video Game night' the following day.

"Now don't stay up to late you too!" Danielle said winking and causing a few giggles from the table, all except for Louis.

"Don't worry, they won't. She has work in the morning." Louis said, surprising everyone at the table. They all grew silent as Eleanor gave him a weird look. I felt the smirk on my face grow big.

"We'll see about that." I grabbed Harry's hand and led him out of the club with me, feeling Louis eyes on us the whole way out.

Game on, bitch.