Chapter Twenty-Seven

~Chapter Twenty-Seven~

This felt so unreal. Like I was in a mystical world where all my dreams were coming true. But this wasn't a dream and for once, it wasn't a nightmare either. This was reality.

My arms wrapped tightly around Louis neck as I kissed him back after he had just kissed me. Everything in me wanted this and I finally didn't have to hold back.

We pulled apart for a second and he lightly closed the door with his eyes still on me, "So I can stay then?"

I answered by simply kissing him again. I could feel him smile against my lips as he put his hands on my face and began walking us back to the bed.

When I felt it against my legs, I laid back and he followed on top of me. For a while we stayed that way until I rolled over on top of him. He sat up so that now he was sitting on the edge of the bed, holding me on his lap. Our lips never parted this whole time. It was...magic.

That is until his phone rang.He sighed as he pulled away and looked at me, "That might be about Harry.."

I smiled and climbed off of him, grabbing his phone, "I think it is, it's Niall."

Louis pulled me back into his lap as he answered the phone,"Whats up Nialler?"

I stared at Louis while he listened intently to the other line. I didn't want to stop kissing him, it took all that was in me not to rip the phone out of his hands and attach my lips to his just once more.

"Okay, sure.." He looked at me and smiled, catching me.

I blushed as he tried his hardest not to laugh and focus on his conversation, "Of course. Ill get it to him tonight, bye."

"How's Harry?"

"He's the same. But the Doctor told Niall that even though he's in a coma, he's still subconsciously there, so he can hear, feel, and think things. So that being said.." Louis grabbed his jacket and handed me mine, "They said that bringing things that might make him feel at home could speed up the process to him making a full recovery and eventually waking up."

"So it's off to your place then the hospital?"

"My place yes..then we can maybe have dinner there..or something" He smirked and eyed me, causing a blush to flash across my face, "then the hospital."

"Okay. Sounds like a plan Tomlinson." I brought my face to his but pulled away before he could kiss me, "Lets save that for later."

His face dropped and his mouth soon regained a little smirk, "You'll pay for that."

"Mhm." I did my best to not laugh as we made our way to the car, and eventually his house.

Once we got there, he rushed into Harry's room to gather a few things. I stood waiting for him and began looking at some of the pictures Harry had put up on the wall.

It began to make me think about him again. How odd the pictures were but how so much they reminded me of Harry.

Then I remembered what he said on the phone,'Im gonna help you with Louis.' It hurt to know that he had done exactly that, but in the worst way imaginable.

"You okay?" I heard Louis whisper from behind me as his arms wrapped around my waist and chin rested on my shoulder.

"Yeah..just thinking about him. I hope he's gonna be okay."

"Hey."

I turned around and faced him. For a couple seconds we looked into each others eyes and he smiled. He brought his hand to my chin and brought my face to his as our lips embraced once again.

This time, things were getting heated up a lot faster. He backed me up against the wall and brought his hands to my waist, pressing his body closer to mine. Once and a while we would stop for air but look into each others eyes and want more.

Louis stopped and studied my face, "You're so beautiful.I-"

*Ding-ding*

The sound of the doorbell cut Louis off and he groaned, "I don't wanna answer it!" He kissed me again but stopped when knocking began too.

This time, I groaned, "Go ahead. It might be Liam or something."

He sighed and kissed me once more before pulling away. I watched as he made his way to the door, my heart already aching from the distance.

He turned back to me and smiled, opening the door with his other hand.

But his smile quickly dropped when he looked at who our visitor was.

And you guessed it.

Eleanor.

"H-Hi.." He stepped back as she stepped in and hugged him.

"I heard about Harry on the news! Why didn't you text me?! Is he ok-" She turned her head and saw me, "Demi! How are you doing?"

I couldn't even speak. Louis face was white like a ghost and my heart sunk. We had both forgotten about her, that was for sure.

"Im..okay..I stopped by to grab things for Harry." I managed to get out as I walked over to the small box of things Louis and put together, "I was just leaving."

"What? No.." Louis walked over to me and grabbed my hand, "Don't leave. Please?"

I ignored him and walked around him to Eleanor,hugging her "I'll see you soon."

"Wait!" Louis called after me as I walked out the front door. He closed it behind him and grabbed my hand once again, "I didn't know she was coming."

"Louis, you cheated on her! With..me..I honestly..I don't even know what to say..I completely forgot about her." My body felt weak again. I was just so tired, too much happened today.

"I forgot too! If I would have thought about her I wouldn't have.."

"Kissed me? Great." Just what I needed. Not only did he not truly love me, but he loved someone else more.

"No that's not what I meant." His eyes searched for forgiveness in mine, but I couldn't give it to him that easily. I couldn't deal with all these emotions anymore.

"Louis, you need..you need to tell her. What happened with us..it was an in the moment thing, right? I mean none if it mattered so she shou-"

"You really think none of it mattered?!" He shot at me, stepping back.

"I honestly don't know WHAT to think right now! How do you expect me to?!"

"I don't know. You have to trust me."

"Lou, I need to go. You have to work on what's in there.." I nodded my head towards the door, "And I need to work on whatever it is going on with me."

"No..just..you don't even have a car!" His face lightened up when he thought he had found something to change my mind.

But I was stubborn, "I'll walk to Andreas."

"It's getting too dark! It's not safe."

"I can walk a few miles by myself. I'm twenty. I don't need you to protect me..to babysit me anymore."

That stung him, I know.

"Please just don't leave Demi." Everything about him begged for me to stay. His eyes looked deep into mine as he stepped closer and put his hand on my cheek, "Please, stay."

And I almost did, until Eleanor stepped out, "Is everything alright?"

No, it wasn't.

"Go on, you have a girlfriend to attend to." I stepped back and turned, starting my walk to Andreas house.

Right away, the tears started flowing. I let my love for Louis get the best of me, while he let his pity get the best of him. And that was just it, not once had he told me he loved me, only I had told him. He felt sorry for his best friend who was lonely, sad, scared, and vulnerable and wanted to make her feel better.

And he did.

For a second.

Yep, this was reality all right.