Chapter Twenty-Five

~Chapter Twenty-Five~

I must have tried calling Harry back about forty times before I realized that I needed to get up and find him. I kept telling myself that it was just a lost connection...but it's been over an hour and I haven't heard from him yet.

I grabbed my coat and ran outside into my car, heading over to his place. When I didn't see his car in the driveway my heart sped up more, but I had to know for sure. I climbed out and banged on his door. After what seemed like hours it finally opened, but it wasn't him.

"Demi? What..what are you doing here?" Louis stepped and swallowed hard once he saw me. His eyes were red and swollen, something I rarely saw.

"Have you been crying?" I reached out to him but he quickly stepped back.

"What do you want Demi? I thought you didn't want to see me."

"Is Harry here?"

Louis face dropped and grew angry, "No he isn't."

He began to shut the door when I stopped it, "Louis please, please just let me in."

"I said Harry's not here and you don't want to see me so why should let you-"

"LOUIS! Harry might be hurt let me in dammit!"

His eyes grew wide as he nodded and stepped aside, "What happened?"

"He..I don't know..we were on the phone and I heard some cars and..and he..the call was lost and he won't answer.." I began to shake when I looked at Louis, "You haven't heard from him?"

"No..no I haven't." He picked up his phone and started to call him, "Call everyone and ask if they've seen or heard from him."

I sat on the couch as Louis left the room to go change. I called Andrea first and there was no answer, which was also no surprise. Zayn answered but said he had no idea where he was and Liam didn't either, since they were together.

I stood up when Louis came out with someone on the other line.

"Yes okay..thank you. We're on our way." He hung up the phone and looked at me as tears fell from his eyes, "There's been an accident."

I let out a sob as he ran to me and held me, "It's going to be okay. We need to go right now to the hospital, it's going to be okay."

We got into his car and Louis sped off, calling the boys to let them know what was going on.

This can't be happening to me..not again.

*Flashback*

"JAMES! JAMES WAKE UP!" I screamed as I held my baby brothers body in my arms. My shirt was stained from the blood that trickled from the side of his face.

"Im so sorry, oh my god!" The woman sobbed as she held her cell phone in her hand but kept her eyes focused on us, "What have I done?! God no, please no!"

Sirens sounded as an ambulance made its way towards us, quickly stoping as the paramedics stepped out.

"Miss, we can take it from here.." A young man kneeled beside me and placed his hand on my back, "We can take care of him."

"NO! YOU CAN'T TAKE HIM! HES MY BABY BROTHER!" I gripped onto James body an brought him close to me. Two more paramedics came to my side and helped me up as they took James away from me.

"NO! JAMES NO! NO!" I tore away from the grasp of the men but was quickly taken back again.

"Miss we need to take care of him! We can try to save him, please!" The young man turned me around and looked at me, "You need to notify your parents. We are taking him straight to one of the best trained doctors, I promise we will try to save his life."

Without another word I ran home and burst into the house to find my parents worried faces. Somehow, I got the whole story out.

Once we made it to the hospital and asked for James name, all we had to do was wait. I sent Louis a text and told him I needed him here and what happened. Within seconds he said he was on his way.

"Mr. and Mrs. Matthews?" We all stood and walked over to the doctor who had called out names, "Im sorry, there was nothing we could do. He died on impact."

And that was when my life was changed forever.

**********

"We're here." Louis stopped the car and climbed out, waiting for me to follow him inside.

"Excuse me, can you tell us anything about Harry Styles?" I asked breathlessly once we reached the nurse at the counter.

She eyed me suspiciously but figured I couldn't be just another fan when she recognized Louis.

"Yes, he's in critical condition. The doctor will be out very soon to give you further news." She smiled and motioned her head towards the waiting room, "I'll be here if you need anything else."

"Thank you." Louis whispered as he grabbed my hand and led me to the seats.

I began to breathe heavy as I remembered everything that happened with James and how closely it resembled to what happened to Harry.

"Demi are you okay?" Louis voice broke me from my thoughts. His eyes were full of concern, he knew what I must have been thinking about.

"No Im not Louis I did it again its all my fault!" I let out a cry and stood up, pacing back and forth.

"Demi, none of this is your fault and neither was James!" He stood with me and tried to grab me but I pulled away.

"No! If it weren't what I said to James he wouldn't have left an gotten hit and if it weren't what I said to Harry he wouldn't have left and gotten into the accident! It IS my fault!"

"What did you say to Harry?" He whispered once he finally got a hold of me.

I looked into his eyes and realized this was finally it. After all, I had nothing left to lose did I?

"I told him I was in love with you."