Chapter Twenty

~Chapter Twenty~

"Pass the rolls!"

"No they're mine."

"Niall there's like five can't I have just one?"

"No."

"Niall."

"But babe!"

"Give Liam a roll."

"Fine." Niall picked up a roll and threw it at Liam, who effortlessly caught it and handed it to Sabrina.

"It was for her?!" Niall put his hands up, "I would've just handed her one!"

"Thanks Liam." Sabrina blushed and took the roll from his hand slowly.

Now anyone would have been like 'awe how cute!' Which was actually most of the expressions going around the table, but me? No. I was pissed.

At a few things actually...more at myself...but Liam and this whole 'playing Sabrina thing' just pushed me over the edge.

"Liam can I speak to you in the kitchen please?" I stood up and walked away before he could answer. I heard a few "oooohhhs" and "someone's in trouble" behind me, but frankly I didn't care.

"What's up Demi?" Liam smiled and leaned against the counter.

I eyed him up and down crossed my arms, "Liam you need to stop."

"Stop?"

"With Sabrina."

"What..what are you talking about?"

"Liam you like her right?"

"Yes..we like each other."

"Are you over Danielle?"

Liam's face froze and his eyes grew wide, "What?"

"You heard me. Are you still in love with her?"

For a second he was about to say no, I could see it on his lips, but he stopped. My heart ached then for so many reasons..for his heart..for Sabrina's....for mine..no. Sabrina. That's why I was here talking to him. For her.

"Liam you can't lead Sabrina on." I stepped closer to him and softened my voice, "It's not fair."

"I'm not! I really like her!" His voice grew loud but he lowered it again before anyone could hear, "Im just trying to figure things out."

"And until then...you have to just be friends. Liam, I know how it is to think someone likes you..or even loves you..and in the back of your mind you know he's in love with someone else and it sucks..and it hurts. I wouldn't wish that upon anyone..I can't let Sabrina go through that either." I looked into Liam's eyes and waited for his nod.

He sighed and touched my necklace, "Im sorry he does this to you."

"Does what?"

"Makes you hurt this much." He pulled me into a hug then broke it apart, "okay..ill talk to Sabrina later. Thanks Demi."

I swallowed hard and smiled, "Lets get back to dinner before Niall eats our food."

I let Liam go before me as I thought about what he said. I never realized it but..Louis does make me hurt. Sure it's not intentional but whenever I'm with him I end up going to sleep that night..hurt.

"Hey could you help me?" Andrea interrupted my thoughts as she handed me a pile of plates. I noticed her hands were shaking as she dropped one on the floor, "Dammit!"

I quickly put the plates on the counter and helped her pick up the pieces.

"I'm so sorry I..I didn't.." Her voice began to shake as she scurried to the trash can and brought it over, "Im so damn clumsy.."