Back home

The thumping of his heart didn't help any as he entered the house holding all his childhood memories. A few good times and many scaring moments he hoped would fade.

Voices coming from the kitchen stopped after hearing the door open and shut, making Shoto worry. Of course the voices could have been his siblings talking while their dad was gone on hero work, but he automatically assumed it was his father.

He removed his shoes leaving them by the door then made his way to his room. When he got to his room he set his phone on his dresser. All of his things in his dorm had burned with the fire so he had no bag to unpack, luckily he kept many of his clothes at home. So he wouldn't have to go shopping like most kids in school.

"Shoto?" His sister peered into his room. Before he could say anything he was embraced into a tight hug.

"Fuyumi, I can't breathe" she quickly released the hug still holding onto her brothers shoulders "oh I'm sorry, it just I heard on the news there was a fire at your school"

"All the students made it out safely, we were sent home for the weekend so I that they could rebuild" Shoto said with a small smile. Nothing about the situation gave him a reason to smile but it felt nice to talk to his sister again.

"I'm just glad you're ok" she pulled him into a hug once again this time not as tight. Todoroki slowly hugged her back somewhat stiff.

"Where's father?" Shoto asked ruining the moment. He couldn't help the question from coming out.

Fuyumi separated from the hug "Um he's out on hero work" "What about Natsuo?"

"He started living on the campus of his school" "who were you talking to in the kitchen?"

"Those where some friends of mine from work"

Remembering what she had just said his face began to show worry "Wait you mean it's just you and dad"

"Come on don't freak out, I'm twenty three I can handle myself"

"Why don't you move out? Your old enough too..." Fuyumi kept a smile "Shoto I don't have a problem staying here"

"But..." "I'm fine"

The boys heterochromatic eyes drifted to the ground, feeling unsure.

Sensing the tension Fuyumi let out a soft breath "I'll start dinner and let you get settled in" with that she left the room heading towards the kitchen leaving todo all by his lonesome.

He fell back onto his bed studying his ceiling. Shoto hoped his father would never come home, for his stupid training. He had missed the last three days of training so this one would for sure be worse than any other day.

"Bzzz" his phone went off from the dresser. He leaned over grabbing it and checking the message.

All Mights secret love child: Hey Todoroki hope you're doing ok.

All Mights secret love child: So most of the class is going shopping so that we can replace what we lost in the fire. I was wondering if you wanted to come with.

Todoroki stared at the messages a second in thought. If he left he may get to spend some time with his friends but he wouldn't be here when his dad got back, which means he would get into more trouble for being late.

Todoroki: I'm sorry, I'll have to decline. I have plans.

All Mights secret love child: oh that's fine I'll see you on Monday right.

Todoroki: yes, you will

All Mights secret love child: by the way can we talk about this nickname for a second?

Todoroki: It fits you, and it's true

All Mights secret love child: please just change it.

Todoroki: I didn't hear denial.

All Mights secret love child: please

Todoroki: fine

Todoroki: there you go

Midoriya: thank you

Todoroki set down his phone. He and Midoriya had grown closer after the sports festival. In fact he had gotten a little bit closer to everyone in the class. Although he still couldn't interact with them like normal. He often stayed on the outside making one or two comments once and a while.

Shoto closed his eyes for a mere second making sure to open them back up. Though he was tempted to fall asleep his eyes remained half lidded staring at the ceiling.

***