sarah_madden01

Intro: "I am Sarah Madden (a pen name), a regular teenager, living in California, the USA. My ethnicity is Indian, but my ancestors migrated to California, 100 years ago :) I play the guitar and listen to pop music during my free time. I am a voracious reader and read any book ranging from romance to mystery to thriller. I started writing at the age of eight and ever since, I haven't stopped! I dream to become an ethical hacker and pursue writing as part time."

1) Where did your love of writing come from? 

"I read a lot, and more over I've always wanted people to be able to connect and and understand what I want to say to the world. I wrote, but didn't know how to show it to people because I feared judgement.As a kid I would read a lot of books and when a random idea, or even the tiniest description, I would write it down. I would imagine a lot of things and I would describe what I imagined. In school, I was always afraid to show people what I wrote, but once my teacher caught me writing a story during math class in the third grade, she was pretty pissed at me for writing during her class and also impressed with me for writing such a story. That only increased my love for writing! I fell in love with writing. I've never stopped writing after that."

2) If you were given the opportunity to form a book club with your favorite authors of all time, which writers would you want to become a part of the club? 

"I admire Amanda Hocking, Cecelia Ahern, and Veronica Roth. The way they write is so flawless. I would want them to be a part of my club."

3) If you were to watch your favorite book turn into a movie, which would you choose and which actors would star as your characters? Or would you rather keep it stayed as a book?

"Flawed- a book by Cecelia Ahern.Summary: Celestine North lives a perfect life. She's a model daughter and sister, she's well-liked by her classmates and teachers, and she's dating the impossibly charming Art Crevan.But then Celestine encounters a situation where she makes an instinctive decision. She breaks a rule and now faces life-changing repercussions. She could be imprisoned. She could be branded. She could be found flawed.

I want this book to become a major motion picture and to be honest it is becoming one!!!!

I'm so happy about that; but the cast of the movie hasn't been revealed yet!

So I have some actors in mind.

Carrick – Cole SprouseArt- David HenrieCelestine North – Laura Marano"

4) What famous author do you wish would be your mentor?

"Veronica Roth. Her writing skills are extremely mind blowing and, the ideas and plots she comes up with is just amazing!"

5) Do you have a favorite character that you have written? If so, who? And what makes them so special?

"I have 'my' special character and that is Eros Gustin from my very own book called Midnight Rose. He maybe a rich man and the heir of the company that his dad will pass onto, but no he doesn't want that kind of a life. He wants to be a normal seventeen-year-old teenager who can play football, love a girl as he pleases. He wants people to be friends with him because of him and not because of his money. That's what draws me closer to him. He has the chocolate boy looks and perfect abs, but that's not what he cares about. He has his sense of etiquette."

6) What, according to you, is the hardest thing about writing? And how do you overcome it?

"The hardest part about writing is to not be able to continue when you're stuck. What I mean us that when I start writing I'm very enthusiastic about the writing and when I suddenly see that I don't know how to further continue. I leave the story as it is and go away. But, recently I've stared understanding that I can overcome such troubles while writing! I listen to music to de stress and the minute an idea flashes in my head I write it down in my journal and then implement it in my story the next day..."

7) If you could have been the original author of any book, what would it have been and why?

"Seems very selfish of me, but I have always wondered what If I had written the book- Divergent. The book is a mixture of all genres combined; it's horrific, romantic, thrilling, and emoting, all at the same time! The plot, content, characters are all so well established in the reader's mind. The feminist part in me, believes that this book has brought justice to Tris Prior's character by making her as powerful as her male counterpart, Tobias Eaton."

8) What is the best piece of advice you have ever received, that you would like to share with us?

""A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies . . . The man who never reads lives only one." – George R.R. Martin. This is one of the best advice I've received so far and to be honest I can totally relate to it! Another advice I've received from my teachers are, "read, read, read until you have finished." I first started reading full-fledged novels only to build my vocabulary and when I started understanding the story as I grew, I couldn't really stop. These days I read a book in around three hours :)"

-

-

-

I'd just like to say thank you for answering these questions. It's so great learning about other writers and seeing how far they've come on this writing journey. It was so much fun reading your answers and to everybody reading this, I hope you check Sarah's books!