Interviewing @kaonnette

1) If you were given the opportunity to form a book club with your favorite authors of all time, which legends or contemporary writers would you want to become a part of the club?

"Mary Shelley would have to be my first choice. I find her life endlessly interesting (as well as her writing) and would love to just have a cup of tea together. As for contemporary authors, I would definitely invite Neil Gaiman, simply for that fact that I could listen to him talk for hours on end. As a final wildcard, Gabriela Mistral is a huge inspiration to me (so I suppose poetry is also welcome in my book club!)"

2) If you were to watch your favorite book turn into a movie, which would you choose? Or would you rather keep it stayed as a book?

"That's a tricky question! I think I am the type to grumble about books always tending to be better than their films, but it's still exciting to see certain works translated into screenplays. I would probably choose 'Station Eleven' by Emily St. John Mandel. I can definitely envision some hauntingly beautiful post-apocalyptic set design."

3) Have you ever written a character vaguely based off a real life acquaintance and they found out when they weren't meant to? If yes, then please tell us, it would make a terribly interesting story!

"I wish I had a tantalising story for you, but I'm actually pretty private about my work in everyday life. I also tend to keep my fiction writing quite separate from the real world, so if there are any similarities between acquaintances and characters, it's usually just a speech quirk or an interesting idiosyncrasy. "

4) What books have influenced your life the most? And how?

"There are so many! I think Philip Pullman's 'His Dark Materials' is a trilogy that has stayed with me since childhood. When I first picked it up, it was wonderful to read about this wild young girl I could immediately connect with. Not to mention that Pullman writes gorgeously. After the Botanic Garden chapter in 'The Amber Spyglass', I sobbed for days.

Another more recent read is 'Cloud Atlas' by David Mitchell. I can only describe it as a masterpiece. There are just certain books that make you realise and appreciate the pure craft of writing, and that is undoubtedly one of them for me."

5) What is your motivation for writing more?

" Reading more! The more I read, the more I want to write something of my own. I'm a firm believer that to become a good writer, you must first be a good reader."

6) Are there any Wattpad writers on here which have really stood out for you, who you think are amazing writers?

"There are so many excellent upcoming writers on Wattpad! I keep all of my favourite stories that I've discovered in the reading lists on my profile, but I'm always on the lookout for more!"

7) What is your view on co-authoring books; have you done any?

"I've never tried co-authoring, but I'm not opposed to it. I've just finished reading 'Good Omens' (after watching the brilliant series) which was co-authored by Terry Pratchett and Neil Gaiman. I've never read two authors who worked as well together as them."

8) Can you tell us about your current projects?

"Wystwood is my ongoing fantasy story that is finally approaching its end. It follows the adventures of a young woman who falls down a wishing well. From a sleepy English village to a sinister fae city, Wystwood has flourishes of faerie magic, bloodthirsty seers, and a roguish love interest."

9) Did you always know that you were destined for literary greatness, or you, as they say, "stumbled" upon it?

"I don't think I will ever claim to have literary greatness, but I've loved literature for all my life. (Perhaps a little too much, judging by the stack of books beside my bed, which I've definitely stumbled on more than once)."

10) What is that dream goal you want to achieve before you pass away?

"Travelling has always been my other passion besides books. I think one day I would love to visit the locations within some of my favourite stories. Maybe I could take the books with me and read them whilst there. I will become some strange kind of travelling library! Yes—that's definitely my new dream!"