bffhiz111

Intro: Hey, I'm Charlotte. Thank you so much for interviewing me! For those of you who don't know me, I'm a thirteen-year-old (girl, if that wasn't obvious...) from Colorado with a love of anything vaguely related to either comedy or Shawn Mendes. I enjoy playing basketball, musical theater, improv, singing, and the MOST obvious thing...Studio C. But seriously, I love writing, and I'm SO excited to get started with this interview!

1) Where did your love of writing come from?

"I think my love of writing stemmed off of the fact that I'm super imaginative and creative; as a little girl, I'd always make art projects and dance around. (Picture the giggly girl in one of those Disney channel Dove commercials. That was basically me) When I was five, I wrote a story about a zombie (who had no friends? How much does a five-year-old know about zombies?) complete with my own illustrations. Then I started getting into keeping journals and diaries (a bad idea if you have siblings). I wrote my first REAL short story when I was about eight."

2) If you were given the opportunity to form a book club with your favorite authors of all time, which writers would you want to become a part of the club?

"I'm literally OBSESSED with the Hunger Games, Wonder, and Harry Potter. I think my dream book club would DEFINITLEY include Suzanne Collins and J.K. Rowling. Honestly, I have a lot of favorite WRITERS who aren't necessarily authors, like sketch writers and things like that. But in terms of actual books, definitely those two."

3) If you were to watch your favorite book turn into a movie, which would you choose? Or would you rather keep it stayed as a book?

"Ooh, that's a hard one. Most of my favorite have been turned into a movie, and I feel like most of the ones I've read that haven't been would lose their intimate writing style in film form. Maybe...In My Enemy's House? Or All The Light We Cannot See? Surprisingly, most of the novels I remember reading are for younger kids. (Which is probably why the stories I've mentioned have a third grade reading level.) There's usually a reason that books stay books, and it's because their meaning gets lost in translation."

4) What famous author do you wish would be your mentor?

"Oh my gosh, don't make me choose! Going back to the "third grade reading level" thing, I think having Wendy Mass as a mentor would be REALLY cool! I love Heaven Looks a Lot Like a Mall and the 11 birthdays series. (That's what it's called, right?) I just love her writing style, and I think her books got me stared reading full-length novels. You know what, while we're at it, let's go ahead and add her to my book club. She deserves it."

5) Do you have a favorite character that you have written? If so, who? And what makes them so special?

"Okay, you're gonna laugh, because you're probably expecting me to say something like Teagan or Charley. But I think my favorite was Bella Stimber because she was absolutely RIDICULOUS! Literally everything about her, from her friends to her mannerisms to the way she spoke was totally unrealistic! There's literally one part of the story where she says, "Go away and leave me alone, you pesky little bug." No joke. This is real. And her friend, Rebecca (uhhh...last name *cough* forgotten) wasn't far from that either. For some reason, she had this thing, whether she was happy or sad, of speaking in caps. I know, I know; eight-year-old me was pure genius!"

6) What, according to you, is the hardest thing about writing? And how do you overcome it?

"For me, the hardest part of writing is translating ideas into fluent sentences. When you think of a story idea, I think I speak for everyone when I say ideas come out of the blue and they can be hard to remember in the first place. But even when you're sitting at your computer, just brainstorming (and possibly zoning out), it can be hard to express what you want to express. I also think coming up with major plot points is a struggle of mine, so I usually try to plan out my entire story before writing. (With a timeline or bullet points.)"

7) If you could have been the original author of any book, what would it have been and why?

"Harry Potter...because of those royalties! Seriously, forget school, college, everything. I'd never have to work another day in my life!Or better yet, I'd never, EVER, have to "find x" for as long as I lived. Now THAT sounds like paradise.But seriously, Harry Potter is just the best!"

8) What is the best piece of advice you have ever received, that you would like to share with us?

"Hmm...that's a toughie. (Toughie? Gosh, I sound like someone's grandmother!) Something that's always stuck with me was to just write for YOU, to not worry about anyone else liking your work as long as you do. I also think it's good to point out that if you're not having fun writing your story, it probably won't be that fun to read. Just do it because you love it, not for anyone else, and the rest will follow! :D"

Outro: Thank you so much, and I hope you've learned a little more about me, writing, and my random guilty pleasures. Have a wonderful day and God Bless! <3

-

-

-

And thank you so much for joining me for an interview! It's been great fun reading your brilliant answers and now that I know more about you and your books, I can't wait to start reading them, and I especially want to find out more about Bella Stimber! If anyone else feels the same, then go to bffhiz111