theclockworkghost

1) How important is research to you when writing a book?

"Research (especially in fanfiction) is extremely important. I personally hate reading books that have the facts and other instances/scenarios wrong, so when I make a story; especially a fanfiction, it is severely essential that I do the research in order to make my story the best it can be."

2) Do you have a set schedule for writing, or do you only write when you feel inspired?

"I generally will try to upload a story only when it is completed so I don't need to worry about things such as a set schedule or running into writer's block. However, for the stories that I do upload before completion, I don't have an exact schedule but I do try to update within a months time."

3) How easy is it for you to sit down and actually start writing something?

"Once I plan the chapter out, it is relatively easy to begin writing as I am simply following a list of events I wish to happen. Though, it is time-consuming as writing one chapter can take anywhere from an hour to seven hours."

4) What, according to you, is the hardest thing about writing?

"In my opinion, the hardest thing about writing a story is the events to happen. Generally, I have an ideal beginning and end, but a lot of the time I struggle with creating the little detailed middle events and such. Also along that long, if the story I am writing is fanfiction, sometimes I will have difficulty in writing canon characters as I never want to write them out of character."

5) Over the years, what would you say has improved significantly in your writing?

"Over the years, my grammar for sure has improved along with my overall story-telling."

6) Any advice you would like to give to aspiring writers?

"My advice is to be yourself when writing. I say this because so many writers feel as though they need to stick with the standards and follow along in the path of others, but I whole-heartedly disagree with that. Break the status quo and write from the soul. The writer's that make it are often the ones who create something that other people could never even imagine."

7) Do your novels carry a message?

"I never intend for any books I write to carry a message; however, for people that maybe do see a message in the books I write; whether it be good or bad, I say take it and learn from it. Learn from the character mistakes and absorb the strengths."

8) Have any new writers grasped your interest recently?

"Actually yes, has recently captivated my interest as many of the stories she creates are based around the Transformers franchise. Transformers is definitely a dying fandom and not many people on Wattpad are involved in it. Therefore when I saw her phenomenal fanfictions based around the Transformers it immediately caught my attention. She is such a talented writer and I feel like she needs more recognition for her work!"

9) Do you have a daily habit of writing?

"Unfortunately no, but I do try to write as much I can. So sometimes it might be every day, other times it could be every other day. I currently only have two stories that are uncompleted which are published; however, I have many unpublished works that I will often write. Though, I will never go more than three days without writing unless I am traveling/on vacation."

10) How do you see writing? As a hobby or a passion?

"I see it as both. For me writing is both a hobby I enjoy doing as well as a burning passion. Most of the time my brain is in full swing and can never stop racing with ideas."

11) What advice would you like to give writers who are struggling with their first novels?

"To the writers who are writing that very first story. This is only the beginning of something amazing, before you know it you might be on your fifth, sixth, or seventh novel! So push through the pain, stress, tears, and no doubt the horrible writer's block that is just around the corner (because everyone gets writer's block at one point or another). Trust me when I tell you that the first time you complete your story is going to be the time you will always remember!"